Crystal Stairs, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Resource & Referral - QRIS Program Supervisor
at Crystal Stairs, Inc.
- 29-Mar-2019 to 28-May-2019 (PST)
- Resource & Referral
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Full Time
What We're Looking For:
We are seeking a Program Supervisor who is primarily responsible for providing effective leadership and direction for Quality Rating and Improvement System (QRIS) programs administered by Crystal Stairs. The Supervisor manages a team of Coaching Specialist and coordinates activities in support of provider professional development. The ideal candidate will have the following responsibilities:
Work with R&R Program Manager and staff in planning, developing and administering specially funded projects to ensure contract and budget compliance, program implementation and reporting requirements are met
- Facilitate quality improvement activities and support workforce development efforts to enhance child care providers' efforts to sustain high quality child care
- Support, mentor and work with staff to assist providers in developing quality improvement & professional development plans, setting goals, and selecting appropriate strategies
- Represent the agency/department at professional organizations and community meetings, and serve as a community liaison with community colleges, organizations and agencies, as assigned
- Supervise and monitor department personnel Including hiring, orientation, training, mentoring and motivating staff.
- Complete monthly and quarterly reports, as required.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES YOU SHOULD POSSESS:
- Bachelor of Science/Arts degree from an accredited university in Child Development, Early Childhood Education, Social Services or related field preferred. Relevant work experience in human services/child development may be substituted for college level education.
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience preferred.
- Knowledge of all funding terms and conditions and contracts relative to the delivery of Resource and Referral Services and agency policies and procedures.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required. Knowledge and proficiency of child care referral databases - NACCRRAware referral database preferred.
- Requires the exercise of independent discretion and judgment in determining course of action for specific situations.
- Must have excellent communication, written, verbal, presentation and customer relations skills. Possess ability to organize, prioritize and delegate workflow. Have ability to work with parents, child care providers, and other community service organizations. Sensitivity to and ability to work well with diverse ethnic and cultural groups. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Makes independent plans and organizes and prioritizes work following established procedures and guidelines. Determines priorities based on ongoing programs.
- Ability to work flexible days as work may include evenings and weekends.
Crystal Stairs is committed to building and sustaining a diverse workforce and culture. As part of this commitment, Crystal Stairs provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation, to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, medical condition as defined by state law, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identification, ethnic group identification, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other legally protected status.