Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mechanical Design Engineer in Brea at Curtiss-Wright
at Curtiss-Wright Corporation
Curtiss-Wright's Nuclear Division offers a comprehensive range of products, information systems, and services that help sustain the safe and reliable operation of nuclear, conventional, and renewable power plants throughout the world. Our extensive experience, advanced technologies and innovative solutions support custom engineered equipment solutions, digitalization initiatives, diagnostics, asset management programs, and new construction.
Curtiss-Wright invests in the development, recruitment and retention of critical skills as part of its model for business success. We offer a competitive wage, a complete benefit package includes medical, dental, vision and life insurances, 401k retirement, tuition reimbursement, pre-tax spending accounts and vacations/holidays. https://www.cwnuclear.com/home/default.aspx
The Opportunity: Mechanical Design Engineer
The Mechanical Design Engineer will be working in a design team that develops technical solutions for our existing product lines as well as new product development. The main responsibility of the candidate will be to generate/modify designs of various types of valves and flow control equipment, anywhere from the conceptual level to final production stages.
- Creating valve designs of various types (check, ball, butterfly, gate, etc.) to meet specific requirements for existing and new power plants and other applications
- Transforming new and existing designs in the conceptual stage, to be fit for production
- Creation of component level manufacturing drawings, as well as assembly drawings
- Specifying the manufacturing processes required for the production of parts and components
- Work with project engineering and analysis engineering teams to drive the design process
- When required, communicates with customers to identify potential solutions that can be provided to existing problems, and the business opportunities therein
- Required travel time is less than 5%
- Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent
- 3+ years of Mechanical Design experience
- Working knowledge of valve design and construction materials
- Thorough understanding of valve manufacturing processes: casting, machining, grinding, lapping, (additive manufacturing a plus)
- High proficiency in CAD modeling (SolidWorks preferred), engineering drawings, GD&T and related standards
- Familiarity with industry standards related to valves (ASME, ANSI, API)
- Ability to thrive in a work environment that concentrates on unique application designs, and limited production quantities
- Familiarity with cost reduction methodologies such as design-to-cost and design-to-manufacture is a plus
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request