Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Test Engineer in Santa Clarita at Curtiss-Wright
at Curtiss-Wright Corporation
We are looking for a Senior Test Engineer at our Santa Clarita, California facility. You will have an Electrical background (circuit analysis) with a focus on both analog and digital. With Field Service experience you will diagnose product and ATE equipment. You may also be involved in technical writing as well as proofing test systems with test documents. In order to succeed in this role you should be familiar with Lab-view, GUIs, and programming set ups (FPGAs, EPPOMS, Memory banks).
This will be a challenging and rewarding opportunity for the right person. In return, we offer a a full benefits package from day one, generous vacation entitlement, competitive salary and the opportunity to make a difference in a global and growing organisation.
- Responsible for development and execution of testing strategies for avionics hardware spanning PCBA board testing, and full functional testing of an assembled unit.
- Design verification test plans, test procedures, and test reports against product requirements to maximize test coverage.
- Expert with test equipment and measurement techniques to verify and validate product requirements.
- Understanding of electrical schematics and electronics manufacturing to analyze and improve test coverage.
- Work closely with engineers to ensure a testable product is being developed and influence design to increase product reliability and test coverage. Make recommendations for design, process improvements, and data collection.
- Development of test racks/ates to be deployed to production.
- Create automation software to interact with ates, unit under test, instrumentation, and production systems to implement test plan in a fast moving production environment.
- Assist design engineers with engineering validation of designs, specification setting, and test line limits using statistical analysis of data and measurement uncertainty analysis.
- Root-cause analysis of test failures and communicating recommended actions.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering
- 4-6 years' relevant experience
- Electrical background (circuit analysis) analog and digital. Comprehensive understanding of electrical engineering and electronics
- Field Service experience in diagnosing product and ATE equipment
- Technical writing, proofing test systems with test documents
- Familiar with Lab-view, GUIs, and programming set ups (FPGAs, EPPOMS, Memory banks).
- Show proficiency developing hardware and software test architectures and frameworks for increased efficiency and reliability
- Experience in developing maintainable object-oriented software solutions
- Extensive understanding of instrumentation, interfaces and sensors including DMMS, DAQ, power supplies, oscilloscopes, Ethernet, USB, serial-232, 485, i2c, SPI, switch technologies and topologies, accelerometers, RTDS and thermocouples
- Oral and written communication skills with knowledge of MS Office. Organization, and presentation skills. Ability to handle multiple opportunities and meet strict deadlines.
This position may require exposure to information that is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.