Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Staff Technical Compliance
at Daimler AG
Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America, Inc. continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California since 1995, with key areas of Autonomous Driving, Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Customer Research, and Business Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, the focus is on powertrain and eDrive technology as well as in Long Beach, where the E-Mobility Group helps to shape the future of the North American market for hydrogen fuel cell and battery electric vehicles. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center.
Here at MBRDNA, we are looking for talented, energetic, and committed individuals to join our diverse team. Our employees are the key to our success, and we support each individual in fulfilling his or her potential. We proudly continue the pioneering work initiated by founders Gottlieb Daimler and Carl Benz over 125 years ago.
Job Introduction: (Primary purpose of this position)
Implement and adapt the technical Compliance Management System (tCMS) within MBRDNA. Cooperate closely with technical departments at MBRDNA, as well as with IL/PM and IL/L
Key Tasks & Responsibilit ies
• Implementation of the technical Compliance Management System (tCMS) at MBRDNA
• Processes in the context of Safety, Certification, Emission and New Technologies (autonomous driving, data protection) at MBRDNA
• Implement a comprehensive, risk reducing technical Compliance Management System, cooperate with local management and relevant functions when introducing the tCMS program elements at MBRDNA in close collaboration with MBRDNA 1st Line B, IL/PM and relevant expert departments:
• Develop MBRDNA specific training concepts and conduct trainings on tCMS related topics in scope
• Build up communication channels for technical compliance related questions of MBRDNA and make sure that tCMS consulation elements are well-known to all employees
• Co-lead the network of tCMS multipliers at MBRDNA and monitor information distribution and actions together with MBRDNA 1st Line B
• Set up a “tCMS Clearing Team” at MBRDNA consisting of technical, legal and certification specialists and align collaboration model with IL/P
• Identify MBRDNA specific needs regarding tCMS program elements and develop, align and implement correspondingly with relevant stakeholders
• Regular report of tCMS status (implementation & operation) to relevant MBRDNA management bodies and DAG
• Conduct “tCMS Process Analysis” in relevant departments, identify blind spots in current technical compliance approach and put in place remedies with appropriate measures
• Create a problem/risk awareness in non-legal business units through applicable culture-, mindset- and training measures
• Cross-divisional and cross-border Networking
• Close coordination/cooperation with HQ functions at IL/P, RD/T, QM/RZ (certification) and other governance bodies as well as with relevant local technical/regulatory functions, head and team of IL MBUSA, MBRDNA Management and other regional tCMS organizations.
• Technical Integrity Inspiration
• Lead, inspire and continuously qualify MBRDNA-based expert team members to successfully run the “Technical Compliance” program and technical integrity
• Act as tCMS and technical integrity “ambassador”
• Support Local Management in taking over responsibility for technical compliance
• Consultation of local management on technical compliance questions
• Consultation and alignment with HQ
Minimum level of education required and required field of study:
Bachelor's degree in engineering, business manager or comparable background; preferably with legal affinity
Minimum skills required
• Knowledge of the R&D processes in the company
• Knowledge of cultural and business aspects in the USA as well as in Europe
• Communicative skills combined with the experience of leadership of teams
Will accept equivalent work experience in lieu of formal education
Combination of Degree and Years of experience acceptable (minimum) :
Bachelors 8 yrs / Masters 6 yrs/ PhD 3 yrs
Ability to speak German or a willingness to learn, desired but not required.