Dole Food Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr Supply Chain Analyst (Transportation)
at Dole Food Company
- Logistics/Supply Chain
- Regular Full-Time
Dole Packaged Foods is looking for a Senior Supply Chain Analyst that will report into the Domestic Transportation Manager and will be responsible for negotiating and managing LTL agreements and process, assisting with negotiations of over-the-road and intermodal pricing agreements, analysis of supply chain costs, as well as providing support in the day-to-day tasks of Dole’s Domestic Transportation area.
- Manage and report on the LTL responsibilities for Dole, reviewing options with group management and reasons for carrier selections and how to further improve service and cost in this critical area. Maintain CzarLite Routing Guide for LTL shipments.
- Maintain tariffs for shipments from forward frozen warehouses and price agreements with LTL refrigerated carriers to provide accurate estimates of shipping costs to Sales for pricing of frozen packaged product.
- Provide analytical support for Supply Chain strategic projects as defined by management.
- Provide support for the domestic transportation daily operations, including carrier coverage and delivery tracking for freight to customer shipments
- Payment analysis: assist in managing both Cass and FMI regarding carrier payments and process improvements
- Customer analysis: accessorial billing by carriers, deductions by customers, OTIF requirements and assisting with the process to efficiently control and minimize these costs while improving service to our customers.
- Pricing and bid analysis, as well as involvement in carrier review, negotiations, and final selection
- Provide Logistics’ support of SAP’s Domestic Distribution Cost report as in-house expert user.
- Coordinate with IT for implementation of system upgrades such as new logistics reports or enhanced EDI formats.
- Proficiently access vendor web portals – being able to use the business object tools and combine that information into Dole’s SAP data information system to fully develop meaningful carrier and customer score card system and ongoing process for improvement.
- Resolve accuracy issues of cost information for all domestic shipments.
- Develop and run reports on cost variance per lane versus primary carrier. Identify outlines and work with Manager on resolving issues with primary carrier.
- Manage, develop and submit various management reports each period.
- Become one of Dole’s in-house expert users for SAP and our 3rd party vendor partners in the Domestic Transportation area.
- Ensure the accurate flow of data between Dole and 3rd party vendors systems.
- Assist in managing the process of analysis, review, and follow-up with Finance Department on Domestic carrier claims.
- Understand fuel surcharge allowances for Customer Pick-Up shipments along with how Dole manages customer pick up allowances.
- Provide back-up to other Domestic Transportation staff for both verbal and electronic communications with carriers and 3rd party vendors.
- Maintain Full truckload, Intermodal, and Less-than-Truckload routing guides/pricing agreements.
- Pursue continued personal development through on the job training from other Dole groups and outside resources such as APICS, CSCMP, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- 4 to 6 years’ experience in Supply Chain, specifically transportation and physical distribution preferred.
- Solid analytical capabilities for reviewing large amounts of data, summarizing the material for management, and identifying the critical issues at both the summary and the detail level.
- Good financial understanding is very helpful.
- Prior experience with an integrated ERP system and handling Transportation and Operations related duties required.
- Systems knowledge to support Operations tools (SAP, Business Objects, SharePoint, Office 365, Web Portals, Excel, Power Point).
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Solid partnership development and negotiation skills
- Able to handle high volume of activity and prioritize
- Good organization and follow up
- A co-worker and team player that respects others and earns respect of others through their actions
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Supply Chain
- MBA a plus APICS or CSCMP certification a plus
- Related Operations Management courses (transportation, distribution) or experience helpful
- Ability to sit and use a computer for extended periods of time; ability to answer phones, and utilize a variety of office equipment. Ability to lift a minimum of 15 lbs. and reach overhead.
- Occasional travel may be required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.