Engineering Service Network (ESN)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Engineering Service Network (ESN)
- Ventura, CA, USA
- Full Time
ESN is seeking Technical Editor/Writers to join our engineering team to generate, update and maintain U.S. Navy Combat System Technical Operations Manuals (CSTOM) for all DDG and CG ships. Responsibilities include taking red-line/draft materials from engineers and updating integrated text and graphics content for complex, multi-volume technical operation manuals; converting them to hyperlinked Adobe format, and pressing them to CD/DVD and hardcopy print. Work within an office environment as part of a team; minimal travel required.
High School diploma or GED.
Minimum of three (3) years of professional technical writing/editing experience.
Applicants must be very familiar with creating/maintaining long complex publications or documents. Must have experience authoring in both XML and non-XML, and delivering in standard electronic formats (XML, HTML and PDF) and in hardcopy.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience using various production software (Interleaf, Adobe Acrobat Pro, FrameMaker).
- Strong computer skills with solid understanding of MS Office Suite and applications.
- Able to learn quickly, organize concepts and materials, share knowledge, and speak effectively. Desired (not required) Skills:
- Experience with configuring QuickSilver and resolving problems or issues that arise within the team using the software.
- Establishing and administering a BroadVision-based site for collaboration within the team.
- Knowledge of SGML/XML/S1000D.
Clearance: Must possess a SECRET DoD Security Clearance on date of hire.
The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
We encourage Minority/Female/Protected Veterans/Disabled applicants to apply.