Environmental Systems Research Institute, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Insights Java Developer
at Environmental Systems Research Institute, inc.
- Job Category
- Software Development/Engineering
- Job ID
Join our growing team of server and cloud software engineers and help us build the future of location analytics technology. As part of this team, you’ll design and build next-gen software in both on-premises and cloud deployments for millions of users worldwide.
We are looking for professionals in a number of specific areas such as Amazon and Azure cloud services, Java, RESTful web services, and new and upcoming middleware and server-side technologies. The focus of this role is to focus on the database aspects of this product to include SQL, NoSQL and cloud data stores.
- Build server-side Java components that power UX and scriptable front-ends
- Build solutions working as an expert Java programmer, writing scalable, reusable, and maintainable code
- Design and build RESTful services to support analytic operations with sata
- Design and build server-side components that seamlessly run on-premises and on cloud platforms
- Find, analyze, and fix bugs/performance problems whenever and wherever they occur
- Work collaboratively with other teams to understand requirements and incorporate them into the software
- Ensure our work with data from a number of sources
- 3+ years of industry experience coding in Java
- 3+ years with cloud computing platforms and services (MicroService Architectures, Docker Containers) and working with cloud services (Amazon S3, SQS, EC2) and Azure services (Blob Service, Table Service, etc.)
- Good understanding of API design and Java design patterns
- Background in SQL and or NoSQL
- Knowledge of data systems to span structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data systems
- Bachelor's, master’s, or Ph.D. in computer science, math, physics or related field, depending on position level
- Knowledge of and familiarity with Java build systems such as Maven and Gradle
- Experience with Java profiling tools
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.