Environmental Systems Research Institute, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Manager - Living Atlas
at Environmental Systems Research Institute, inc.
- Job Category
- ArcGIS Product Engineering
- Job ID
Are you the type of person who is goal oriented and deadline driven? Are you interested in building a community of professionals who all want to make the best geographic content available to the world? If so, we would be thrilled to have you join the ArcGIS Living Atlas of the World team. You will be responsible for managing the Living Atlas website development where professionals come to discover and share geographic data with our user community.
- Provide project manager oversight in the Living Atlas website development project
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents with the Product Management team
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential risks, and devise mitigation plans
- Define and implement a process improvement plan to streamline and improve delivery performance
- Share and evangelize new Living Atlas website capabilities as potential enhancements to the rest of the ArcGIS platform
- 2+ years of experience as a project manager and proven experience in content-related projects
- Effective interpersonal, time management, and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at the technical and senior executive level
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and creative thinking skills
- Ability to coordinate people and technical resources from multiple areas of the company
- Bachelor's, preferably in geography, business, or management
- Experience developing geographic content and geographic data discovery
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.