First Republic Bank
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Financial Planning Associate
at First Republic Bank
- Job Locations
- US-CA-Los Angeles
- Wealth Management
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
First Republic Private Wealth Management is comprised of investment management, brokerage, trust, financial planning and insurance professionals. We offer customized wealth management solutions for our clients from a wide array of services including comprehensive investment management, financial planning, estate planning, trust services, endowment management and more. Our goal is to understand our clients’ unique needs and support them throughout a lifetime of financial goals.
See service from a higher perspective
As Senior Financial Planning Associate, you will support First Republic’s Financial Planners who are responsible for the development, design and implementation of comprehensive financial plans as well as other wealth planning deliverables. The Financial Planning group services multiple client segments but the Financial Planning Senior Associate will primarily support the Financial Planners for the $15 million net worth client; on average $50 million net worth client. The position offers an excellent opportunity for an individual seeking to build a career in financial planning. Responsibilities range from supporting our financial planning professionals to acting as the first point of contact for individual clients.
What you’ll do as a Senior Financial Planning Associate:
- Develop client financial plans:
- Compile information, conduct research and assemble all applicable client data necessary to develop a solid, viable, meaningful financial plan; this process often involves direct contact with the client/client delegates or investigative research using available online tools.
- Utilize financial planning software to build financial model based on client data and information compiled.
- Independently analyze data and perform quality control testing to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the analysis developed by the financial planning software.
- Independently review and prepare analysis of client trust documents for review by a Financial Planner.
- Take lead in development, review and completion of financial plans, client documentation, and analysis for Financial Planner approval.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients, accountants and attorneys to ensure data, analysis and plans are accurate and complete.
- Ensure engagement letters and welcome packages are sent to clients
- Manage confidential client information
- Manage client pipeline and/or engagement from initiation to completion
- Maintain metrics needed to measure outcomes of the client engagements
- Main point of contact with private banking, wealth management teams and internal resources regarding client engagements
- Ensure invoices are effectively handled.
- Lead various special projects related to planning
You could be a great fit if you have:
- Existing expertise or willingness to obtain expert knowledge of financial planning software, specifically eMoney and WealthTec applications. Additionally, the Senior Associate should:
- Have an understanding of financial planning concepts, strategies and solutions sufficient to independently understand how and what to model in the financial planning software.
- Perform independent research as needed to gain a technical understanding of concepts and strategies candidates are not familiar with that would aid in their analysis.
- The aspiration of being a team player with a sincere desire to play a role in a growing Financial Planning business.
- The individual should demonstrate dynamic analytical and technical abilities, impeccable communication skills and strong attention to detail
- Strong interest in financial planning; experience with complicated planning a plus
- Prficiency with Microsoft Office, Power Point, Excel and a familiarity with or ability to be trained on NumberCruncher, WealthTec, and eMoney software
- Strong understanding of or solid foundation in essential planning concepts (i.e., estates and trusts, insurance, stock options, taxes, cash flow planning)
- Solid understanding of investments and financial markets
- Familiarity with banking and wealth management products and services
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities under high pressure
- Strong communication and follow-up skills
- Sound judgment and reasoning abilities
- A “high touch” client service approach
- Minimum of 2-5 years of experience in financial planning
- Intellectual curiosity
- Tax background or Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation preferred but not required
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career — apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability — that’s the First Republic way.