Gonzalez Northgate Markets
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Data Integrity
at Gonzalez Northgate Markets
Our first store opened on January 2nd, 1980 in Anaheim CA and since then we have grown to 40 stores in three counties: Los Angeles, Orange and San Diego. We offer our customers a full service supermarket with a large meat department, bakery, tortilleria and prepared foods in addition to a sizeable section of domestic and imported Latin American grocery goods to provide a Mexican homeland experience. We are always looking for great people to join as a member of the Northgate Family. We look for enthusiastic people with the potential and desire to grow with us. We strive to create a great work environment that is positive and fun; where people have meaningful work, where individuals have a sense of belonging and feel appreciated, valued and secure. If you are passionate about food, are customer focused, team oriented, and want to be a part of our family, we invite you to apply! We offer opportunities for growth, 10% discount for you and one other family member in your household for most purchases made at Northgate and flexible schedules. To learn more, please visit www.northgatemarkets.com.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer and having a dotted line to the Chief Information Officer, the Director of Data Integrity will provide enterprise-wide product master data management from the original source throughout all consuming systems and processes, ensuring master data accuracy, reliability, quality and consistency. Beyond managing item attributes and characteristics with a view of all sending and receiving systems, this role will ensure accuracy, timeliness and completeness of item level cost in compliance with GAAP, as well as accurate retail pricing. The Director of Data Integrity will collaborate with company business and technology leaders and business partners to successfully develop, implement, maintain and manage a comprehensive Enterprise Product Data Management Strategy. This role will be the focal point for company data standards, managing a team of Master Data Leads and serving on the company’s Data Council which governs enterprise master data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for assisting in defining and implementing enterprise data management vision, strategies, and management processes to effectively govern enterprise data for use across the organization.
- Facilitate the out an enterprise wise data governance framework, with a focus on improvement of data quality, including the optimization of all systems, processes and tools used to populate and maintain master data
- Define roles and responsibilities related to product data governance and ensure clear accountability.
- Implement timely data quality monitoring processes, identify data quality issues, design and implement data controls, and manage data quality remediation strategies.
- Develop and deliver periodic status updates to the Data Council on product data quality across the organization
- Tightly integrate master data integrity with all costing systems, ensuring accuracy of unit cost based on GAAP throughout all systems and processes
- Serve as a key leader in the implementation of all accounting systems and processes impacting items across the enterprise, ensuring accuracy, timeliness and completeness and compliance with GAAP
- Maintain data related standards, policies and procedures and serve as the primary communicator to all stakeholders
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND CONDITIONS:
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in retail grocery with significant involvement in managing master data and integrating with accounting and procurement systems is required
- Bachelor's degree from four-year university is required
- Proven data analysis skills required
- Excellent working knowledge of item and inventoriable costing methodologies permitted by GAAP
- Deep knowledge and understanding of data governance and data management
- Deep knowledge and expertise of accounting systems, inventory management systems, procurement systems and warehouse management systems
- Process orientated with proven problem solving skills and process documentation experience
- Experience in developing and implementing effective company wide data policies
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills
- Experience in leading cross-functional and / or cross-divisional projects
- Exceptional attention to detail, and sense of urgency and commitment to deadlines
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint skills
Physical Demands and Conditions
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Some requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; and use the hands to handle, finger, or feel objects, tools or controls;
- The employee must frequently walk, talk or hear, and reach with the hands and arms; occasionally, the employee must crouch or kneel;
- The employee must occasionally exert or lift up to 20 pounds carrying boxes of records and forms and frequently exert or lift moderate amounts of weight;
- Successful performance requires specific vision abilities that include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The job requires the ability to travel.
- The work environment is that typical of an office and retail store. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER NOTICE
The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors, and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. The Employer reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business or the work environment change.
Northgate Markets is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Northgate Markets will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the California Fair Employment and Housing Act (Ban the Box Law).