Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Part Time 30 On-Site Service Representative - Irvine, CA
Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger’s distribution centers and branches worldwide.
Services multiple customer locations on a daily basis to oversee customer inventory by:
• Monitoring inventory stocking levels
• Ordering and replenishing inventory is depleted
• Ensuring proper labeling and quantities on hand are accurate
• Meet key customer contacts to ensure needs are being met and products are available
• Ensures accuracy of all activities related to KeepStock Solutions at multiple customer sites
Knowledgeable of Grainger’s offer to help streamline orders and provide ongoing support for customers
Resolves customer problems promptly and accurately in a manner that will retain and promote customer loyalty
Follows designated route as defined by routing software application
Documents and follows standard operating procedures at customer locations to provide direction to back-up resources to ensure continuity of service
Identifies continuous improvement opportunities in productivity, process improvement, and cycle time with all sales and services activities
Complies with the safety and inspection requirements of the facility where the service is being provided. Helps generate new orders by engaging with customer to identify additional product needs (e.g., seeks and captures “spot buy” opportunities while on site, looks for additional opportunities to add items to program)
Probes for customer needs during each site visit and provides leads to assigned Account Manager Reinforces with customers to the value of installing or using Grainger services or solutions to benefit their business
Executes onsite service component of account strategy as defined by cross-functional local leadership (Mgr, Onsite Services, Account Manager, or District Sales Manager)
Participates in implementation call reviews with Account Manager, District Sales Manager and Mgr, Onsite Services to assess viability of Inventory Solutions offerings at a customer site
Works collaboratively with sales partners to expand Grainger services and offerings in assigned customer locations
- 2-4 year’s experience in customer service, selling or related field preferred
- Self-motivated, with high energy and dedication to customer service and sales growth
- Ability to effectively negotiate with tact and diplomacy with internal and external customers
- Demonstrated ability to apply excellent judgment and business acumen with independent problem solving and decision making skills
- Handle complex technical, operational and financial issues Operate in a complex, rapidly changing environment
- Ability to identify opportunities and negotiate for the sale Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Adapt to and abide by all rules established for safety and security at each customer location Background checks, drug screening may be required (as warranted by Company, customer or DOT requirements in working on-site and/or operating equipment).
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license in State of residence and carry required levels of automobile insurance
- Ability to lift 25 to 60 lbs. and/or occasionally work in difficult positions.
- Works on-site at customer’s facilities. This is typically a plant type of facility. Conditions can be noisy and space can be limited.
- Personal protective equipment is often required. Comply with the safety and inspection requirements of the facility where the service is being provided.
- Will use computers, scanners, and be in contact with Grainger parts & supplies on a daily basis.
- Ability to navigate stairs and tight areas of access
- May be required to drive a Grainger vehicle for customer deliveries. Will be required to drive a vehicle to and from customer locations
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Are you up to the challenge of working for an industry leader? It doesn’t matter who you are or where you come from - Grainger values your potential to learn, thrive and make a difference on a global scale. Grainger is committed to building safe and productive communities and environments—especially where our team members and customers live and work. Discover how we can help you drive costs out of the tough job of managing your facility.
At Grainger you’ll find all the right tools to build your career. Enjoy the stability of an established industry leader, without sacrificing the chance to learn, grow, advance, and make a difference. We offer an exciting and challenging environment that encourages independent thinking, problem-solving, and growth.
At Grainger, your career path is important. We work hard to foster an exciting and challenging environment that encourages independent thinking, problem solving and growth. We offer a complete career path geared towards your success.
Join the Grainger Talent Network today and check out our current opportunities!
What is a Talent Network?
Talent Networks will enhance your job search and application process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your information, we look forward to staying connected with you.