Green Dot Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Data Warehouse Engineer
at Green Dot Corporation
This position will be essential for the continuous success of the enterprise data warehouse project. Working side-by-side with existing data warehouse team members as well as analytical and core teams this position will be responsible for creation, support and maintenance of the existing and new ETL/ELT and data management tools and processes. Using knowledge and expertise with data warehousing industry best practices, as well as ability to think outside of the box, this role will participate in the ELT/ETL and Data architecture and development, analysis, design, functional/technical specifications, deployment, and testing of all matters pertaining to the enterprise data warehouse.
- Participate in building scalable and modern data warehouse environment.
- Perform source data analysis
- Build datapipelines from Source Systems into the Green Dot Datalake
- Interface closely with product, engineering and business divisions.
- Participate in building custom frameworks/solutions as well as leverage off-the-shelf data products/tools, as appropriate.
- Participate in all aspects of Extract-Transform-Load
- Combine consultative skills with analytical knowledge to critically evaluate objectives and customer requirements and translate these into technical requirements.
- Requires direct supervision
- Perform various QA tasks if necessary
- Document design and ETL/ELT development
- 5 years of relevant experience in building and maintaining large scale data systems
- 3+ years of advanced SQL
- 2+ years of experience in ETL concepts/technologies and data modeling.
- 2+ years of experience in engineering large-scale data-intensive systems.
- Strong Database and SQL skills.
- 1-3 years’ experience in scripting languages (like bash/powershell/python/ruby)
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field. Master’s degree a plus.
- Deep knowledge in various ETL/ELT tools and concepts, multi-dimensional data modeling, SQL, query performance optimization, OLTP,OLAP, MDM
Green Dot Corporation is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any category protected by law.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. No fee of any kind will be paid in the event we hire a candidate whose resume is submitted by an employment agency to this career site or directly to any of our employees. Such resume shall be deemed the sole property of Green Dot Corporation. Employment agencies that have fee agreements with us and have been directed by our designated HR personnel to recruit for a particular position may submit resumes to such designated HR personnel or as otherwise directed by such personnel.