Green Dot Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
VP, Software Engineering
at Green Dot Corporation
The VP of Engineering will oversee the critical Money Processing Services Engineering functions for Green Dot and its multiple subsidiaries. This includes Disbursements, Money Pak, Fraud Engineering and other Money movement functions. Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer of the holding company, the VP of Engineering will build highly available, reliable, high performance and scalable applications that meet GreenDot and our partner’s SLA’s. This person will manage a global team of Engineers.
The Engineering leader will be experienced managing concurrent Engineering projects simultaneously; resource planning; building cross functional business partnerships and driving strategic planning. This leader is expected to be technical enough to drive design discussions. This leader is also expected to build a world class Engineering team. Building applications in both the AWS Cloud and in on prem environments is highly desired. The leader is expected to be a fast learner who learns the business quickly and is able to partner with the Product and Revenue teams. The leader is also expected to be a good communicator who can interface easily with internal and external stakeholders. The leader is also expected to manage delivery – getting projects done with high quality on time.
Success in this role will be determined via the leader's ability to deliver upon the following:
- Taking the existing team to the next level in terms of technical & management talent and procedural rigor
- Taking existing legacy applications and building it on our BaaS AWS Cloud
- Introducing new solutions to continuously improve the Technology stack
- Partnering with the CTO for the Cloud build out
- Collaborate with peers in Engineering and cross functional teams
- Effective partner to the Product & Revenue teams
- Be the “go to” Green Dot person to interface with external high-profile partners
- Green Dot is a company that highly values "Doers: People who Do". As such, even though this Leader will be managing a large team, he or she will be expected to roll up their sleeves and engage deeply with all stakeholders.
- Experience in Regulated industries is a plus.
- This is a Pasadena-based leadership position, with heavy interaction with the company's CTO, peer Engineering Leaders, Head of Product, Shared Services, Shanghai Development Center, Tech Ops and the Revenue teams.
Green Dot Corporation is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any category protected by law.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. No fee of any kind will be paid in the event we hire a candidate whose resume is submitted by an employment agency to this career site or directly to any of our employees. Such resume shall be deemed the sole property of Green Dot Corporation. Employment agencies that have fee agreements with us and have been directed by our designated HR personnel to recruit for a particular position may submit resumes to such designated HR personnel or as otherwise directed by such personnel.