GUGGENHEIM PARTNERS, LLC.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at GUGGENHEIM PARTNERS, LLC.
About the Position
The CLO Analyst will be responsible for leading and assisting in the review of the collateral, servicing, and structural aspects of CLO deals. The CLO Analyst will also be responsible for credit surveillance of existing positions, maintaining awareness of industry developments, and developing and producing credit risk surveillance reports for senior management.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Research potential CLO debt and equity investments to include broadly syndicated, middle market, and bilateral loan deals, warehouse facilities, and combo note structures.
- Utilize GPIM underwriting guidelines, deal-specific cash flow modeling, and review of deal terms, as well as all available sources of information (e.g., offering/governing documents, roadshows, published research, news, financial reporting, rating agency reports, and market color) to create clear, comprehensive, and authoritative credit memoranda.
- Assist in and conduct presentations to Investment Committee. Review, explain and answer committee questions. Conduct timely, and accurate follow-up analysis
- Review deal term sheets and offering documents to understand key deal terms related to payment waterfall, collateral eligibility, deal performance triggers, and rights and authorities of key parties. Maintain knowledge of market terms and pricing to support efficient comparisons and negotiation of deal terms.
- Build cashflow models when necessary. Project impact of Investment Committee approved credit stresses on the cashflow, pricing, liquidity and rating of investments.
- Perform surveillance of investments and product areas, including reviewing performance reports and third party research, following news and developments, and interacting with internal/external subject matter experts.
- Research and recommend credit sells and other loss mitigation actions.
- Obtain and review investment reporting to support generation of ongoing monitoring reports. Create internal memos/emails to communicate developments to internal constituents (PMs, senior management, Investment Committee)
- Develop comprehensive understanding of GPIM models for risk and exposure reporting. Execute, maintain, and enhance those models.
- Participate in issuer, servicer, and manager meetings/calls to maintain knowledge of market developments and industry practices. Conduct high frequency monitoring of manager news and industry developments in the CLO and bank loan markets.
- Maintain updated cashflows and analytics for existing investments. Support CLO trading with timely refreshing of deal cashflows and key structural terms
Skills & Experience Required
- 5+ years of research, analysis, or structuring in CLOs
- MBA, CFA, or equivalent educational background.
- Strong credit, finance, economic, business and technical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task across analytical, administrative, and research activities in a detail oriented and timely manner.
- Strong commitment to performance and accuracy of work product.
- Experience in VB or Python programming, SQL, and technology systems development for structured finance applications is desirable.
- Team oriented individual with ability to work well with diverse groups
About Guggenheim Investments
Guggenheim Investments is the global asset management and investment advisory division of Guggenheim Partners, with expertise in fixed income, equity, and alternative strategies. We focus on the return and risk needs of insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, consultants, wealth managers, and high-net-worth investors. Our team of investment professionals performs rigorous research to understand market trends and identify undervalued opportunities in areas that are often complex and underfollowed. This approach to investment management has enabled us to deliver innovative strategies providing diversification opportunities and attractive long-term results.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Guggenheim Partners is a global investment and advisory firm with more than $265 billion in assets under management*. Across our three primary businesses of investment management, investment banking, and insurance services, we have a track record of delivering results through innovative solutions. With more than 2,400 professionals based in over 25 offices in six countries, our commitment is to advance the strategic interests of our clients and to deliver long-term results with excellence and integrity. We invite you to learn more about our expertise and values by visiting GuggenheimPartners.com and following us on Twitter at twitter.com/guggenheimptnrs.
*Assets under management are as of 03.31.2019 and include consulting services for clients whose assets are valued at approximately $60 billion.
Upon application, you will be instructed to create an account. Within this account you can view your candidate status and previously applied jobs as well as apply to new jobs. If you experience difficulties logging into your account please check the below:
- Do you have an existing account with the same email ID? In this case, please select “forgot password”.
- Clear your computer’s cache\cookies.
If none of the above are successful, please email WorkdayRecruiting@GuggenheimPartners.com for Technical Assistance only.
Please note: We are unable to respond to any non-technical inquiries sent to this email.