Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles
- Ability to understand Guests’ service needs.
- Ability to be well organized, maintain concentration and think clearly when providing service to Guests.
- Ability to focus attention to performance of tasks despite frequent, stressful or unusual interruptions.
- Ability to converse calmly with irate Guests’, co-workers or supervisors in sometimes tense situations.
- Ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers and other departments as part of a team.
- Ability to analyze reports and numbers. Work does involve extensive reading and visual inspection of written materials at close range.
- Ability to follow supervisor’s instructions.
- Ability to arrive at work on time in full uniform prepared with tools and all equipment needed for service. Clock in and out; sign in and out for each shift.
- Ability to keep work area clean and neat, free from dust and litter.
- Ability to adhere to all hotel policies and procedures
- Ability to adhere to all safety and emergency policies and procedures.
- Position requires basic skills in the following:
- Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
i. Heating systems
ii. Ventilation systems
iii. Air conditioning systems
iv. Chiller/boiler controls
v. Expansion tanks and make up systems
vi. Cooling towers
vii. Supply fans
viii. Fan coil units
ix. Refrigerators & Walk In Boxes
x. Ice makers
xi. Dryer systems
xii. Condenser loops
ii. Equipment controls
iii. Maintain in safe condition all power distribution and electrical systems throughout hotel
iv. Applicable codes
v. Read schematics and blue prints
vi. Set up electrical systems for guest functions
vii. Install conduit runs
viii. Generator transfer switch
iii. Exhaust fans
iv. Laundry Equipment
vii. Machinery (large & small)
viii. Related equipment
x. Read and understand blueprints
iv. Assemble piping
v. Applicable codes
vi. Water treatment and related chemicals
vii. Water distribution and balance
viii. Read and understand blueprints
- Pneumatic/Electronic Systems & Controls
iii. Receiver controllers
iv. EMS computers
v. EMS modules & field wiring
vi. Adjustment and calibration of controls, stats and devices
vii. Flow restrictors
viii. Related test equipment
ix. Direct digital
x. Read and understand blueprints
xi. Failure modes
- Carpentry & Finish Skills
i. Rough & finish carpentry
iv. Tile (ceramic, quarry, VCT, marble)
v. Wall Vinyl
vii. Furniture touch up & repair
- Kitchen Equipment
i. Dish machines
v. Ansul/fire suppression systems
xi. Kitchen exhaust systems
i. Maintain vehicles in a safe and comfortable manner
ii. Schedule & perform preventive maintenance on vehicles
- Energy conservation
i. Chiller efficiency
ii. Boiler efficiency
iii. Cooling tower efficiency
iv. Plate & frame theory
v. Chart & graphic utility consumption
vi. Application of VFD’s
vii. Lighting efficiencies
viii. Lighting controls
ix. Programming of EMS
- General Building
i. Roofing inspection, P.M., and repairs
ii. Asphalt and concrete repairs
iii. Masonry repair
iv. Landscape and grounds
v. Siding and façade (coatings, caulking, inspections)
vi. Interior and exterior recreational facilities & equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Guest Rooms: plunging toilets, unclogging drains, repairing all types of hardware, plumbing, electrical equipment including lamps, air conditioners, cosmetic items, replacing electrical switches and outlets, assisting with high speed internet problems, HVAC problems and programming TV’s.
- Public Areas: plunging toilets, unclogging drains, repairing all types of hardware/plumbing/electrical/HVAC equipment and cosmetic items.
- Fire alarm/Life safety system: monitor systems as necessary, to be fully informed of the system operation and to handle emergencies involving the systems. To have a working knowledge of fire sprinkler and emergency power systems.
- Energy Conservation: to observe energy and utilities usage in the hotel and on the grounds.To look for ways to conserve energy and report any ideas to Engineering Management.
- Tools: clean, lubricate, protect and otherwise maintain all tools and equipment in the hotel. To see that all tools used are returned to the shop and secured in proper storage area. To protect and otherwise maintain your assigned tool pouch and its tools at the discretion of the Engineering Management.
- Emergencies: Be available for any emergencies and act in and engineering capacity to protect our guests and associates and preserve the building and its systems during the emergency. To act as quickly and responsibly as possible to return the building to its normal operating status. To inform Engineering Management of any such emergencies.
- Accident Prevention and Safety: to strive to work in an accident free manner and to create a safe work environment for others. To continuously look for conditions which may endanger associates or guest of the hotel and to take immediate action to correct any hazardous conditions found.
- Records: to read, log, track and interpret reading from meters, gauges and other measuring units. To maintain a thorough log of each day’s activities and problems that occur and to ensure this information is passed on to other shifts.
- Departmental Duties: to clean all engineering areas as directed by Engineering Management. To work in a neat and efficient manner, keeping work areas clean and well organized. To serve as otherwise directed or needed to help maintain the effective and efficient operation of the hotel.
- General: Complete all work assigned in a safe and professional manner. Maintain communications with supervisors to ensure that all needed materials, tools and supplies are available or on order. Follow up on any items that may be on back order. Keep supervisor updated on assignments. Provide training and technical advice to other engineers as needed or requested.
- Conducts room preventative maintenance on all hotel rooms, buildings and equipment.
- Responsible for swimming pool and spa maintenance.
- Assist guests as required.
- Assist with security and safety checks for the property through visual checks.
Competitive medical benefits after 60 days of employment! PTO/holiday pay, 401k ER match, free lunch meal provided and great hotel travel
Come join our Hilton Woodland Hills team!