Sears Hometown and Outlet Stores
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Delivery Associate Part-Time
at Sears Hometown and Outlet Stores
The Delivery Associate is responsible for the delivery of merchandise to customer homes. Merchandise includes home appliances, mattresses, furniture, lawn & garden, and fitness equipment. In most cases, a two person team will be responsible for the timely and safe delivery of goods by using team lifting and/or material handling equipment. Attention to detail is required so that no damage occurs to either the merchandise or the customer's property. Basic hookup for qualified appliances is part of the service provided (e.g. connecting a dryer power cord and vent).
Candidate must have a valid State Issued Drivers License. Candidate must be at least 18 years of age.
Job Duties include:
- Licensed and able to drive delivery truck up to 24' & use basic GPS navigation
- Properly loads and protects all product for delivery
- Follows prescribed safety procedures at all times to protect associates, customers, merchandise, and property
- Follows all protocal for maintaining the delivery vehicle
- Uses and maintains material handling equipment per process
- Handles paperwork accurately and acquires all signatures per process
- Ensures customer satisfaction by maintaining delivery schedule and a professional attitude
- Calls customer prior to delivery and maintains customer service standards during interaction at delivery
- Addresses and relays any customer concerns to store management immediately
- Interacts with sales teams for special instructions for each delivery
- Completes basic hookup (e.g. connect dryer cord & vent) for qualified home appliances
- Performs deluxing of furniture, fitness equipment, and lawn & garden during delivery
- Assists with store tasks including unloading trucks, loading customer vehicles, & moving product on the sales floor
- Assists with cleaning and other housekeeping duties at the store
- Performs misc duties as assigned