II-VI Optical Systems
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at II-VI Optical Systems
- 10-May-2019 to 09-Jul-2019 (PST)
- 41 - Sales
- Murrieta, CA, USA
- Full Time
II-VI Optical Systems' designs, manufactures, assembles and tests precision optical systems and components. Our products have been deployed on military platforms such as submarines, tanks, missiles, fighter jets and UAV's. II-VI Optical Systems has grown over the years from a provider of specialty optical materials to a full service provider of optical components and optical systems.
Since its establishment in 1961, II-VI Optical Systems has maintained a commitment to customer satisfaction and continuous improvement. Our commitment to customer satisfaction is achieved by continuous training of our staff with focus on quality, on-time delivery, and cost reduction. From the initial customer inquiry to final delivery, meeting the customer's requirements is our primary objective.
Responsible for coordinating and/or preparing cost and schedule estimates for new government and commercial contracts or subcontracts, and preparing quotes for renewal of extended contracts. Works with cross-functional team members to gather details from appropriate resources and outside vendors and compiles this data to estimate all production costs according to customer furnished or established specifications. Considers materials, labor, equipment, tooling, outside suppliers and delivery schedules for preparation of quotation cost sheets. Also responsible for assembling job release documentation, including supplier quotes, manufacturing notes and any other documentation pertinent to the development of the quotation and subsequent production.
High School; BS/BA degree in Engineering, Business, Supply Chain Mgt. or other business/technical discipline preferred.
Minimum 4 years of experience estimating or engineering in a manufacturing environment. Government contractor experience preferred.
1. Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
2. Familiarity with standard manufacturing concepts, practices and procedures (materials, planning, engineering & standard costs, etc.). Experience in optical fabrication or design preferred.
3. Intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
4. Detail oriented with the ability to organize and analyze myriad data into a comprehensive whole.
5. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities.
6. Errors in dealing with contributors, including suppliers, could result in incorrect costing, resulting in a loss of business or
"II-VI Optical Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law."