II-VI Optical Systems
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Technical Sales Manager
at II-VI Optical Systems
- 29-Mar-2019 to 28-Jul-2019 (PST)
- 41 - Sales
- Murrieta, CA, USA
- Full Time
II-VI Optical Systems' designs, manufactures, assembles and tests precision optical systems and components. Our products have been deployed on military platforms such as submarines, tanks, missiles, fighter jets and UAV's. II-VI Optical Systems has grown over the years from a provider of specialty optical materials to a full service provider of optical components and optical systems.
Since its establishment in 1961, II-VI Optical Systems has maintained a commitment to customer satisfaction and continuous improvement. Our commitment to customer satisfaction is achieved by continuous training of our staff with focus on quality, on-time delivery, and cost reduction. From the initial customer inquiry to final delivery, meeting the customer's requirements is our primary objective.
Responsible for identifying new business opportunities that fit II-IV Optical System's competencies. Leads and implements the company's Large Account Management Process. Provides technical oversite to new opportunities. Provides guidance and leadership to applications engineers. Helps to compile market data and characterize the addressable markets, customers, and trends. Monitors and provides feedback on competitors, competitive position, and opportunities for new products. Proposes technical merits of new opportunities to OS management for consideration of potential new product offerings or strategies. Leverages industry relationships to understand competitive landscape and provide advantage OS. Expands key contacts within major accounts to facilitate new business opportunities. Assists in developing annual bookings budget and subsequent bookings forecast updates
BS in Engineering or 15 years equivalent experience within optics fabrication industry
- At least 10 years technical sales and business development with large account customers that purchase optical components, assemblies, and systems
- At least 5-7 years technical experience in optical fabrication and/or coating
- Experience with problem analysis and resolution
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results independently or working with others
- Ability to recommend and implement improvements
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with networked PC based computer system (MS Office, spreadsheets, access, graphics, Email, MRP systems, and accounting software)
- In depth knowledge of defense customers and contacts
- Experience with government cost and pricing and negotiation
- Ability to understand system level requirements and tolerance tradeoff between components, assemblies, and overall system performance
- Ability to handle multiple priorities involving external and internal priorities
- Ability to excel in a cross-organizational, cross cultural, global team environment
- Handle special assignments promptly and professionally
- Set a high standard of ethics, professionalism, leadership, and competency
Demonstrates and promotes the II-VI Worldwide values: Customer First, Honesty and Integrity, Open Communications, Teamwork, Continuous Improvement and Learning, Manage by the "Facts", A Safe, Clean and Orderly Workplace
"II-VI Optical Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law."