Iron Mountain Incorporated.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Crate shop Technician
at Iron Mountain Incorporated.
- Requisition #
Iron Mountain Incorporated (NYSE: IRM), founded in 1951 and ranked as a Forbes 2018 America’s Best Employers, is the global leader for storage and information management services. Trusted by more than 225,000 organizations around the world, Iron Mountain stores and protects billions of valued assets, including critical business information, highly sensitive data, and cultural and historical artifacts. Providing solutions that include information management, digital transformation, secure storage, secure destruction, data centers, cloud services and art storage and logistics, Iron Mountain helps customers lower cost and risk, comply with regulations, recover from disaster, and enable a digital way of working. Visit www.ironmountain.com for more information.
Job Title: CRATING TECHNICIAN
Location: Inglewood, CA
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt/Full-time
Reporting to the Crating Manager, this position is part of the production team that specializes in the production of wood crates for fine arts shipping.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reads and processes crate designs to given specifications.
- Operates power tools and related equipment to manufacture individually designed wood crates for the handling, packing, and shipping of fine art, antiques and artifacts.
- Operates a sprayer for water based adhesives, paints, and lacquer.
- Contours insulation and cushioning foams and prepares inner packing materials according to a variety of design specifications.
- Performs shop maintenance and other incidental and related duties as required and assigned
- A minimum of three (3) years of previous crate shop and/or production carpentry experience required.
- Must be able to read production design paperwork.
- Knowledge of general shop safety and the following power tools and their recommended safety requirements: table saw, radial arm saw, panel saw, belt and orbital sanders, pneumatic staplers and nailers, biscuit joiners, band saws, power drills and an assortment of other hand tools.
- Excellent precision and attention to detail, an understanding of archival materials, museum specifications for the crating and packing of museum objects considered a plus.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
Excellent skills in communicating effectively in oral and written form.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, sit, bend, lift, and use hands. Movement may occur in warehouses and offices. Specific vision abilities required by this job include vision and ability to adjust focus. Employee must be able to lift 75lbs unassisted and must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 300lbs with assistance of mechanical equipment. Noise level is usually moderate.
Every Iron Mountain employee has an obligation to promptly report issues and violations.
Iron Mountain is an equal opportunity employer, and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity characteristics or expression, disability, medical condition, U.S. Military or veteran status or other legally protected classifications in making employment decisions.
Iron Mountain Canada is an employer broadly committed to providing an inclusive work environment that welcomes all people. Globally, we believe it is our diversity that contributes to our companies’ shared success. We work hard always to avoid discriminating on any grounds other than capability to perform the requirements of the job.
Iron Mountain complies with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.