JLL (Jones Lang LaSalle)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Retail Construction Project Manager – Orange County/ San Diego in Irvine, CA at JLL
at JLL (Jones Lang LaSalle)
JLL is currently seeking several dynamic individuals for the role of Project Manager to provide reliable, timely, and professional support, and assist with the day-to-day project management activities preferably commutable to the Orange County and San Diego areas. The position entails working with a group of internal and external Stakeholders at all levels of the organization. Successful candidates will require independent judgment to plan, prioritize, and organize a diverse workload. The Project Manager position supports a financial institution client expanding their retail bank portfolio in the region. Retail ground-up and tenant improvement construction experience is required, as is travel within Southern and Northern California.
- Support project executives on multiple projects and assignments from design, construction and close – out.
- Develop scope and schedule for assigned projects
- Identify and address areas of concern regarding potential risk surrounding project, project logistical issues, budget and scope
- Generate, coordinate, interview and provide recommendations through established Vendor Request For Proposals (“RFPs”) processes.
- Interact and negotiate with Contractors and Subcontractors
- Prepare/update project status reports, process invoices, update tracking reports, and maintain files for due diligence and financials
- Actively track each aspect of project performance against schedules and critical path
- Coordinate the activities of Sub-contractors and the relocation of technical functions
- Demonstrate a proactive focus on meeting client and project requirements in a timely and cost effective manner
- Assist the Local Project Development Services team in meeting Adjusted Gross Margin (“AGM”) targets on a Regional and National level as determined on a yearly basis by the Management Executive Committee
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use and application of all Project Development Services technology as required for assigned projects
- Any other reasonable duties and responsibilities that may be assigned
- Receive and evaluate contractors project bids and Change Order to level and approve and/or identify scope gaps and pricing errors
- Design and construction document review for scope validation and coordination
- Ability to track and coordinate with multiple organizations and individuals and effectively manage to ensure deliverables and or assignment is achieved.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BS or equivalent degree preferred in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture or other related fields
- Must have experience/skills in construction Project Management (architecture, general contracting, construction estimation, scheduling, engineering, design/permitting process, bid development, contract and/or sub-contract management)
- 1 year practical project management or construction experience in a project administration / retail banking environment is strongly preferred
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in related field
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Basic understanding and ability to interpret architectural drawings and specifications
• Understanding of material specification process and selection in retail environment
• Understanding of the design development, construction documentation and construction process and deliverables for each stage
• Ability to track and implement design changes in an organized manner
• Understanding of best practices when addressing construction safety
• Ability to gather and define design/construction schedule durations and activities
• Ability to gather cost data and organize
• Demonstrates ability to evaluate risks to the business
• Time management and ability to multi task
• Proven history of strong analytical technical and organization skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and problem solving ability
• Strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills
• Proven record of excellent internal and external customer service
• Self-motivated, dedicated, and goal-oriented.
• Must work well under pressure in a deadline driven environment and be flexible to change with business priorities
• Proficient skills in all office software systems including Microsoft Work, Excel, Project, Outlook, Power Point as well as Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to prepare and track budgets
- Understanding of technical requirements for a business relocation, construction and renovation projects
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to successfully communicate with architects, contractors, client’s representatives, and team members
- Flexibility with work hours and travel as needed
- Financial institution and retail banking experience preferred
- Must have a minimum of 3 to 5 years of Construction Project Management experience, or combination of relevant work experience
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at email@example.com. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.