Amanecer Community Counseling Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Amanecer Community Counseling Services
This position performs a broad range of administrative duties for the Executive Director.
Must have strong administrative skills. S/he will manage multiple priorities, communications, tasks and projects, concurrently. S/he must have a positive attitude, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and possess excellent judgment.
This position will also be responsible for identifying and applying for grant opportunities from local, state and federal government as well as the tracking and reporting of the results tied to these grant awards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to draft reports and correspondence and work independently with minimal direction
- Manage and update contact data-base
- Establish and maintain referral relationship and additional funding opportunities
- Establish and maintain relationship with community leaders
- Interact with various personnel of other clinics/departments
- Assist in the preparation, proofing and editing of grant proposals, renewals and continuations
- Serves as departmental liaison to coordinate meetings and schedule appointments through the use of e-mail and voice mail
- Represent Executive Director at meetings
- Types and routes correspondence to appropriate person
- Takes minutes at Board meetings
- Reviews and sorts Executive Directors correspondence
- Perform all other miscellaneous responsibilities and duties as assigned
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university plus at least 2 years’ experience in a corporate or university setting
- Experience with contract organization, filing, and more specifically with government contracts. REQUIRED.
- Demonstrated ability to work with Microsoft Office applications, Excel, Word, and Access required. Ability to utilize Excel Pivot table preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work cooperatively as a team member.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; also, a strong sense of integrity.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, establish priorities, manage time, meet deadlines, effectively delegate and perform duties under often severe time constraints.
- Proficiency in Windows-based applications, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Good organization, telephone and interpersonal skills including skill and ability to interact with all levels of management
- Demonstrated ‘customer-service approach’
- All employees, regardless of position, serve as role models for the clients who are served by our agency. Therefore, each employee must at all times be emotionally stable and able to function effectively with children, adolescents, and adults who may have mental or behavioral health problems. The staff must be able to demonstrate appropriate daily behavior, appropriate expression of emotions, as well as appropriate role modeling. Hostility, verbal aggression, unnecessary or inappropriate physical actions, and inappropriate emotional expression are not acceptable.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Limited physical effort required.
- Work environment involves minimal exposure to physical risks, such as operating dangerous equipment or working with chemicals.