Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sales Administrative Assistant I
at Karl Storz
El Segundo, CA
Employee Full Time
KARL STORZ SE & Co. KG (KST), based in Tuttlingen, Germany, is a family-owned, global company committed to benefiting humanity by advancing medical technology through innovation and education.
For more than 70 years, KST has been dedicated to earning its international reputation as a leader that designs, engineers, manufactures, and markets all its products with an emphasis on visionary design, precision craftsmanship, and clinical effectiveness.
KARL STORZ Endoscopy-America, Inc. (KSEA), an affiliate of KST, is headquartered in El Segundo, California, and is responsible for all U.S. distribution and sales of endoscopes, instruments, imaging systems, electromechanical devices, and OR1® operating room integration technologies.
What does all that mean to you?
It means you would be joining an organization where you can be proud to play a part in making a difference in people’s lives every day.
Being a part of KARL STORZ offers many additional rewards.
This includes a commitment to offering competitive compensation, as well as a 401(k) with a 60% match up to the first 6% of your base salary.
We support our employees’ health goals by providing outstanding health benefits that include, but are not limited to, medical (PPO, HRA, HSA, and flex spending), dental and vision, as well as amazing wellness programs where you can earn cash or gift cards.
We encourage work/life balance so our employees can recharge and take care of themselves. We offer new employees 3 weeks of paid vacation in the first year, 10 paid holidays and paid sick leave that can also be used to take care of immediate family members.*
We strive to continuously learn and give back to our community. We offer our employees the same opportunity through tuition reimbursement, multiple company-sponsored charitable events and corporate matching for charitable giving.
If KARL STORZ sounds like a company you would like to be a part of, we invite you to learn about our opportunity below!
This position serves as a central connection between internal KSEA departments and field sales. A Sales Administrative Assistant I, is a self-motivated, resourceful, team player committed to reaching organization objectives. The position is expected to consistently provide exceptional internal support, as well as represent the needs and goals within the organization to ensure quality. A Sales Administrative Assistant I, is a valuable support team member, they follow both KSEA polices and use their own initiative to support sales and marketing goals, which are to maximize product sales; exceed internal and external customer expectations in the area of communication, responsiveness, service, and support.
This position reports to the Sales Administration Supervisor providing direct support to Sales Executives.
Key responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to:
- Provides a wide range of administrative services including scheduling meetings, calendar management, purchase requisitions and invoice approvals.
- Acts as a liaison, connecting sales employees to internal KSEA departments.
- Understanding of company capabilities, policies, procedures and services; effectively communicates all offerings to the sales force and management.
- Facilitate onboarding and transition requests in alignment with management directives.
- Directs internal and external customer problems to the appropriate person/department for resolution; closing the loop with requestor to ensure needs are meet.
- Coordinates and manages convention meeting request including: check request, exhibit property, and equipment.
- Provides field sales assistance as it relates to customer accounts, quotes, promotions and corporate initiatives.
- On an ad hoc basis creates, maintains and distributes sales and bookings reports.
- Sample inventory management.
- Knowledge of expense report processing and AMEX reconciliation in accordance with KSEA corporate Travel and Expense Policy.
- Coordinates KSEA Technology Center visits and other customer reference sites.
- Maintains region files; ensuring directories, job aids and templates are accurate.
- Travel: up to 10% travel during the year.
- A minimum education level of a High School Diploma
- 1-3 years of experience in an administrative support role
- Candidate must be customer-centric, enthusiastic, and self-motivated
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Possess exceptional organizational skills and manages competing priorities
- Prior experience using SAP is highly desirable
KARL STORZ reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. Additionally, KARL STORZ, through its supervisors, may require an employee to perform duties outside their normal description within the sole discretion of the supervisor. Employee must comply will all applicable KARL STORZ policies and procedures.
KSEA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, KSEA complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
*Field sales, internships and part-time employees are not eligible for paid time off except for where required by state law.