Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Vice President of Sales
- Job ID
- US-CA-Los Angeles
- Regular Full-Time
The Vice President of Sales is responsible for successfully executing the sales process to generate revenue growth through initiation and development of business opportunities with new and existing customers within a designated geographic territory. This position will develop and maintain a solid sales pipeline of prospects by establishing deep relationships within those organizations. With a thorough understanding of the customer’s business model, the VP of Sales will identify logistics solutions utilizing Landair products and services that translate into closed, contracted business deals. This position will have a leadership role within an account management team, and be responsible to extend or renew existing contracts, as well as identify opportunities for customer growth in new geographic locations, new industries, or with additional products and services.
The VP of Sales will embrace a culture of integrity and professionalism and utilize this value based selling methodology in all of their sales pursuits.
This position will be expected to perform to an annual quota set by, and agreed to, with the SVP, Sales & Marketing.
- Proactively identify, pursue, and maintain a constant pipeline of potential customers via prospecting, networking and referral activities within a regional market.
- Capitalize on Landair’s current market sector knowledge and lead efforts to diversify into strategic verticals.
- With a thorough understanding of the customer’s business model, identify and propose logistics solutions to customers utilizing Landair’s products and services.
- Take the lead in negotiating and closing deals by uncovering and addressing objections and concerns from the customer.
- Develop broad and executive level networks through professional organizations, media and speaking engagements and industry conferences.
- Develop comprehensive understanding of the customer’s business model and their unique challenges to growth or competitiveness.
- Establish broad and deep relationships with strategic customer roles with decision making authority or influence in the organization.
- Ensure customer satisfaction with existing customers by establishing a consistent communication plan with key stakeholders, including regular and timely reviews. Renew all contracts before or upon contract expiration.
- Develop growth plan for all existing customers which includes identifying and securing share-of-wallet growth opportunities.
Internal Business Partnerships
- Lead the sales process by involving key Operations, Engineering/IT, Finance and HR contacts throughout the deal process.
- Work closely with Operations, Finance, and Engineering / IT teams to ensure accurate scope and revenue capture, in accordance with the commercial agreement.
- Participate in, and play a leadership role within, account management teams, working closely with Operations, Product, Engineering / IT, and Finance participants. Proactively identify value-creation opportunities for Landair and customers.
- Accurately track growth opportunities through a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool.
- Take the lead in communicating direction and progress / status of deals to senior leadership.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Five or more years of executive level sales experience or experience in a sales support role with executive level exposure.
- Working knowledge of operations / supply chain field.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, or related field.
- Ability to learn and credibly articulate / present Landair products and services to C-Level executives both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to connect and build rapport / relationships with internal and external customers at all levels.
- Skill in the operation of a variety of computer software programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Sales CRM.
- Financial acumen and the ability to interpret and effectively communicate pricing data to internal and external customers.
- Strong organizational skills, time management skills, and the ability to prioritize multiple projects / work streams.
- Ability to clearly define goals and follow through to successful completion.
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the hours necessary to accomplish the job duties, work at the specific location required, complete Landair employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening.
Core Competencies: Leadership Competencies:
Focus on customers Develop others
Take responsibility Build teams
Communicate effectively Promote high standards
Behave ethically Demonstrate leadership
Work Efficiently Champion ideas
Drive process improvements
Foster diversity and inclusion
Required Functional Expertise:
Landair Sales Cycle – Ability to successfully execute the sales process from beginning to end to generate revenue growth for Landair. The following skills are associated with successfully executing the sales process:
- Strong Goal Clarity
- High Achievement Drive
- Healthy Emotional Intelligence
- Excellent Social Skills
Landair is an Equal Opportunity Employer
VEVRAA Federal Contractor