Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
LandCare maintains a working culture that fosters the highest standards of integrity, respect and professionalism. We seek those whose character is exemplary and provide them with a unique combination of independence, support, encouragement and opportunities for ongoing development and growth. Irrigation Technicians are primarily responsible for the installation, maintenance and repairs of the irrigation systems.
- Executes timely servicing and quality of work at all customer locations where irrigation work is done.
- Layout and install new or renovated irrigation systems.
- Troubleshoots irrigation systems to determine reparation needs.
- Pulls and fits piping for irrigation systems.
- Sets sprinkler heads and valve boxes.
- Tests irrigation systems for proper functioning.
- Clears, replaces and prepares soil for turf or bed areas. Performs rough and fine grading, digs trenches as well as planting trees and shrubs, laying ground cover, installing turf, applying bark and cleaning up job site after completion of irrigation projects.
- Purchases parts required to repair, create, or renovate irrigation systems while maintaining accurate inventory and strict cost controls to ensure job performed within required financial requirements.
- Gathers and updates historical data for each account regarding water sources, point of connection and mainline location, services performed, and parts installed.
- Activates and deactivates irrigation systems according to seasonal priorities or pre-established schedules.
- Partners with customers by suggesting watering schedules and tactics to reduce water usage and costs, and proposes solutions during periods of droughts or water restrictions.
- Visits properties to evaluate all revenue generating opportunities and design enhancement/irrigation proposals based on findings.
- Increases market share by achieving enhancement sales goals, and proposal goals.
- Communicates with customers on a routine basis to ensure satisfaction with service and solves problems to foster a positive, long-term relationship.
- Ensures irrigation jobs are managed within budget to meet or exceed all required financial performance metrics.
- Adjusts irrigation schedules to maximize capacity and efficiency of work flow.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists in solving work problems.
- Reviews and monitors equipment maintenance programs and upkeep of vehicles used to service clients in designated area.
- Manages upkeep of irrigation systems in designated area.
- Partners with and directs crew members where needed on irrigation projects/jobs.