Latham & Watkins LLP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Global Attorney Development Coordinator
at Latham & Watkins LLP
Latham & Watkins, a global law firm consistently ranked among the top firms in the world, is currently seeking a Global Attorney Development Coordinator to join our winning team, to be located in any of our US offices. The success of our firm is largely determined by our commitment to hire and develop the very best and brightest, creating a team that provides our clients with the highest quality of work and service. We are driven by our core values: respect, innovation and collaboration.
The Global Attorney Development Coordinator will receive a generous total compensation package. Bonuses are awarded in recognition of individual and firm performance. Eligible employees can participate in Latham's comprehensive benefit program including healthcare, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401k plan, and more! In addition, employees receive 10 paid holidays per year, and a PTO program that accrues 23 days during the first year of employment and grows with tenure.
As a Global Attorney Development Coordinator at Latham, you will support the Director of Global Attorney Development, the Director of Attorney Development – Europe & Middle East, the Senior Manager of Global Attorney Development, and other members of the Attorney Development team by supporting the IPAC Committee and serving as a central associate staffing resource for national staffing initiatives. In addition, the Global Coordinator will perform administrative tasks associated with managing the firm’s attorney development programs generally, including support of the Global Corporate and Litigation Departments, while accomplishing these and other critical functions:
- Working with the Director of Global Attorney Development to design and implement a national staffing program with the goal of coordinating associate staffing across offices.
- Coordinating with members of the Attorney Development team, Local Department Chairs and staffing partners in each U.S. office and Practice Group Chairs to execute the national staffing program.
- Working with the Senior Manager of Global Attorney Development to execute the annual Income Partner & Counsel (“IPAC”) Committee evaluation and compensation process, including compiling evaluations and related materials and proofreading compensation information and financial data.
- Assisting with the annual IPAC Committee progression process, including coordinating intensive schedule of in-person and videoconference interviews with IPAC Committee members and other partners.
- Managing the IPAC Committee calendar, including scheduling calls and meetings with the Associates Committee, Office Managing Partners, Global Department Chairs, Local Department Chairs, Practice Group Chairs and others.
- Working directly with IPAC Committee members and their assistants to schedule meetings with partners and counsel as part of the annual evaluation and progression processes.
- Planning the semiannual in-person IPAC Committee meetings, working directly with the Director of Firm Events and other members of the events team, and with the hosting office reception, facilities and technology teams.
- Planning the annual New Counsel Academy, working directly with the Director of Global Attorney Training & Mentoring and other members of the Training & Career Enhancement team.
- Working with the Director of Global Attorney Development, and other members of the Attorney Development team to assist with the semi-annual Associates Committee review process.
- Assisting the Manager of Global Associates Committee Operations with the online associate review program, including assisting with liaising with the Technology Department.
- Assisting with special projects for the Associates Committee and the IPAC Committee as needed.
- Working with the Manager of Global Attorney Development – Corporate and the Manager of Global Attorney Development – Litigation & Trial to implement initiatives for the Corporate and Litigation & Trial Departments.
- Coordinating with other firm committees and departments in support of Attorney Development initiatives.
- Promoting effective work practices, working as a team member and showing respect for co-workers.
As a Global Attorney Development Coordinator, you will be expected to apply your organizational and communication skills while displaying a positive, high-energy attitude. The successful Global Attorney Development Coordinator must have organizational skills needed to manage time well, prioritize effectively and handle multiple deadlines; strong attention to detail and quality assurance processes; well-developed and professional interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with people at all organizational levels of the firm; and the ability to work in a team environment with a proactive customer service focus. The Global Attorney Development Coordinator must have strong communication skills, both written and verbal, the ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with the appropriate discretion, and knowledge of and proficiency in PC applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
A Bachelor’s degree is required. A minimum of two (2) years of related administrative experience is required.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by clicking the ‘Apply Now’ link.
Latham & Watkins is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity, equal opportunity and sustainability enables Latham & Watkins to draw from a remarkable wealth of talent to create one of the world's leading law firms.