Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at LIFERAY INC.
The solution architect is responsible for the design of the technical applications as well as for recommending best practice solutions based on client business needs. This individual maps business requirements to system / technical requirements. A Solution Architect is involved in pre-sales engagements. In this capacity, this person is expected to provide various options to meet the clients stated requirements that blends both Liferay Commerce capabilities as well as 3rd party software recommendations and integrations. A Solution Architect is responsible for writing technical specs jointly with the Technical Lead and engagement team. Also this resource is on point for the mapping of clients requirements to solution estimates and supports the pre-sales team in developing the proper staffing model that is unique to a given response.
- Provide digital commerce subject matter expertise to identify and recommend workable solutions to clients and prospects
- Work with the project management and technical leads to develop the overall implementation solution plan
- Accountable for broader quality of delivery across relevant Liferay Commerce projects through appropriate risk mitigation strategies
- Create and distribute reusable Liferay Commerce sales, marketing, and delivery content to ensure scalability of solution area and group
- Support the business development life cycle by serving as a solution SME and assisting with the identification and qualification of business development opportunities
- Help lead and contribute to the estimation effort for relevant proposals and/or projects
- Help support vendor relationship for Liferay Commerce sales and delivery
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 5 years of experience in solution design and architecture of B2B and/or B2C commerce websites and solutions
- 3 years of experience in pre-sales strategy, business development, and/or proposal creation
- Strong grasp of Commerce essentials e.g. product catalogs, price lists, discounts, orders, accounts, ERP integration, etc.
- Strong requirements and design documentation skills are a must
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with strong presentation skills
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to facilitate team and client meetings
- In-depth professional experience/background working in professional services, sales or customer support operations
- Ability to understand business requirements and convert them into solution designs
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously; workload will be a blend of small, medium, and large implementation projects
- BS or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Management or equivalent field
- Travel Required