Lincoln Property Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Lincoln Property Company
- Requisition ID
- Location : Location
- US-CA-Port Hueneme
- Position Type (Portal Searching)
- Regular Full-Time
- Location : Name
- Port Hueneme
Lincoln Military Housing – A company for Growth and Opportunity!
Lincoln Military Housing was formed in 2001 through a Department of Defense (DoD) contract with parent company Lincoln Property Company. Our mission has always been to increase the quality of military housing for our nation's service men and women. Lincoln Military Housing now provides more than 36,000 family homes for military members across the US. Our Team Members are passionate about the work they do and take pride in our mission of providing our military families with exemplary service in a quality home environment.
When you join the LMH team, you will be working amongst a team of talented and passionate individuals while being provided with unparalleled opportunities for personal and professional development and career growth. Every day with LMH, you have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our service members and their families by demonstrating our core values of INTEGRITY, COMMUNICATION, EMPOWERMENT, RESPECT, BALANCE, and COMMITMENT.
A Day in the Life of a Porter/Groundskeeper:
As a Lincoln Military Housing Porter/Groundskeeper, you will perform routine cleaning and upkeep of grounds, buildings, amenities and surrounding areas in a multifamily residential community. Operates tools, machinery and other equipment to complete tasks in an efficient manner. Your role requires the ability to effectively communicate, perform quality work in a safe manner and deliver on our mission of providing exemplary service in accordance with Lincoln Military Housing’s quality customer satisfaction standards.
Your Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Performs routine cleaning and maintenance of grounds, amenities, building exteriors district office, pool and recreation areas, parking lots and other areas surrounding the community.
- Remove trash from grounds, office areas, homes and surrounding community perimeter on a daily basis.
- Details interior and exterior areas on a regular basis using general cleaning tools and equipment (i.e. broom, mop, vacuum, rake or blower to keep entry areas, sidewalks, streets and walking areas clean of debris, dust, leaves and brush).
- May help with snow shovelling (where applicable) of sidewalks and other main entry areas.
- Assist in the preparation of make ready units including removal of trash from vacant homes (trash outs), touch up paint, and general cleaning prior to make-ready.
- Assists with various physical tasks as directed; carrying and removal of abandoned furniture, tools, appliances, and other equipment.
- Assists with repairs, replacement and installation of window and door screens, lightbulb and other fixtures.
- Helps clean and maintain storage and shop areas.
- Assists maintenance technicians when needed.
- May perform minor interior and exterior touch up painting/caulking.
- Cleans air conditioning vents, replaces air filters, and smoke detectors.
- Performs any additional routine cleaning / maintenance on property as requested as needed or directed.
- Report any maintenance concerns for repairs on homes, community and/or common areas to management.
- Complies with all OSHA safety regulations, local applicable laws regarding health, safety or environment and LMH Standard Operating Procedures and Policies.
- Understands and follows safe work practices for all trades, including but not limited to: Lockout Tag-out, Confined Space Entry, use of hazardous chemicals, use of Personal Protective Equipment, Ladder Safety, and working from Elevated Surfaces. Performs any additional routine maintenance on property as requested by supervisor.
What You Need for Success:
- Entry level to 6 months of general custodial/ maintenance experience.
- Beginning level understanding of grounds maintenance.
- Ability to use hand and power tools and cleaning equipment applicable to job requirements.
- Communication and effective interaction with co-workers, managers, vendors or residents sufficient to exchange or convey information and to give and receive work direction.
- Ability to operate motor vehicle (valid license required)
- Basic computer skills preferred. (PC / mobile device)
- Ability to travel to other regional locations for work, training, meetings and other work-related activities.
- Ability to independently lift/carry supplies or equipment up to 65 lbs.
- May require use of personal or company vehicle, or electrical cart.
What We Provide You:
Lincoln offers a wide range of insurance options and benefit programs. Our benefits take into consideration everything from career development to family matters, health and wellness, and we are committed to doing everything we can to offer you quality benefits and health-care coverage. In addition, we offer competitive compensation and generous paid time off.