Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Digital Marketing Intern (Spring 2018 - For College Credit Only)
at Live Nation
Who are we? Live Nation Entertainment (NYSE-LYV) was formed by the merger of Live Nation and Ticketmaster Entertainment. We are the largest live entertainment company in the world, consisting of five businesses: concert promotion and venue operations, sponsorship, ticketing solutions, e-commerce and artist management. We seek to innovate and enhance the live entertainment experience for artists and fans: before, during and after the show. In 2009, Live Nation sold 140 million tickets, promoted 21,000 concerts, partnered with 850 sponsors and averaged 25 million unique monthly users of its e-commerce sites.
Live Nation’s Digital Marketing Department is seeking an intern who will assist in the implementation of its marketing efforts, specifically in email campaigns. Our overarching goal is to connect with and distribute messaging to consumers (fans of music/artists) in such a way that is targeted, welcomed, and will ultimately encourage positive word-of-mouth about our services.
• Quality-check email marketing campaigns; i.e. test links, ensure consistent formatting, help carry out on-time deployment
• Enter and appropriately map artist/venue/customer information into the database
• Research artist and music genre background and brainstorm for tour announcement ideas
• Assist with monthly tracking of all regional and national email sends
• Retrieve and organize data from published tour and promotional email campaigns
• Other duties as assigned
• Must be able to receive academic credit from their college or university prior to starting assignment
• Must be enrolled in a Bachelor's/Masters program at an accredited college or university
• Must be at least 18 years or older
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must be able to show eligibility to work in the United States
• Reliable transportation
• The ability to multi-task efficiently on a daily basis
• Eager to learn and be proactive with new tasks
• The ability to conduct yourself in a professional matter at all times
• The ability to learn and absorb at a fast pace
• Must have an avid interest in music, knowledgeable about artists and genres, and an overall interest in learning about the music industry
• Detail-oriented and able to juggle multiple tasks
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, particularly MS Excel
• Graphic design experience a plus, but not a necessity
• Part-Time attendance 2-3 days per week, Monday through Friday; negotiated shifts between the hours of 10AM-6PM
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Live Nation Entertainment strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. HIRING PRACTICES The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Live Nation Entertainment recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Live Nation Entertainment may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Recognized two years in a row by Great Place to Work®, Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. From ground-breaking software to support our world-class platform Ticketmaster, to our mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, to our unparalleled roster of artists supported by diverse professionals in all facets of corporate operations, we offer a world of opportunity and an array of careers across every discipline.
We recognize that our most important assets are our employees, the rock stars who keep the live experience going. Generous vacation, healthcare, and retirement benefits are just some of the great perks we offer to support our full-time, global workforce of more than 21,000. For any stage in your career, our many unique benefit programs are designed to help you live life to the fullest. We offer student loan repayment to support recent grads, six months of paid caregiver leave to support new parents (plus a baby bonus to help with expenses), and tuition reimbursement to fuel your ongoing professional development and career growth. Plus, working for the world's largest live event and ticketing company means you'll have access to concerts, festivals, sports games, and other live events through our exclusive employee ticket concierge.
There is no bigger stage for your career. See what your future looks like at Live Nation Entertainment.