Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director, Programmatic Display
at Live Nation
Who we are.
We’re fans who help fans everywhere get in to the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favorite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We’re not just a ticketing and technology platform, we’re the dedicated team members who work to enrich lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that’s pretty amazing. If you’re passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
Why you should work with us.
Our biggest investment is in our people. We intentionally strive to cultivate, create and celebrate a culture of belonging where our employees feel respected and empowered. That is why we're committed to increasing the diversity of our workforce by fostering a truly inclusive community.
We offer comprehensive health benefits, 401k matching and student loan assistance, plus career-boosting opportunities like tuition reimbursement and targeted development sessions to help all eligible employees thrive. At Ticketmaster, expect the fast-paced excitement of a startup with the rock-solid support from an industry leader – with plenty of ticket perks on the side.
What We Need
Ticketmaster is seeking an exceptional data-oriented and strategic Director of Programmatic Display to lead and build innovative campaigns for sports, concerts, arts and family events that drive profitable growth, customer engagement, fan acquisition and repeat purchases for Ticketmaster and our Premium Services clients. We are seeking an experienced and creative paid marketer with a genuine passion for live events and digital marketing. The successful candidate will have a proven track record delivering results with the ability to lead a team, develop strategy from scratch, sell big ideas internally and externally, multi-task and prioritize, have a drive for testing, learning and making insight- and data-driven decisions.
Reporting to the VP, Digital Marketing, the Director of Programmatic Display is responsible for architecting and launching paid media campaigns that impact millions of fans, owning campaigns end-to-end. You will coach the team in relentless optimization of campaigns, spend and media mix, and identify new opportunities to grow existing channels profitably. You will work across internal teams including product and technology, brand, creative, category marketing, sponsorship, client marketing, business development, as well as partner with external creative and media agencies. You will work with key media and digital platforms such as DoubleClick and The Trade Desk, as well as seek out emerging platforms that can help us grow our fan base and brand. You will also contribute to the development of new product features and tools for paid marketing opportunities.
Success in this role requires excellent customer instincts, an ability to define a strategy and create a marketing plan, project management skills, an aptitude for developing insights-driven campaigns, a keen eye for compelling and innovative content and a passion for continuous improvement. Overall, you will be challenged to push boundaries, propose and execute new ideas and establish best practices for campaigns and the team.
What You’ll Do
- Lead the development of a best-in-class marketing program, creating an innovative vision, building a strategic plan to deliver performance-based results, and manage campaigns from inception through post-launch/sustain.
- Own the P&L for Programmatic Display, including reporting on results, budgeting, and forecasting and identifying new opportunities to increase scale and deliver on performance targets
- Build a rigorous testing and optimization culture, implementing a testing framework to continuously test and optimize your channels for incremental impact
- Create thoughtful recommendations for new areas of investments, including emerging channels, with analysis on ROI, scalability, and cost-benefit – examples include programmatic audio, connected tv, digital out-of-home, dynamic creative optimization, etc.
- In partnership with the Creative and Brand teams, oversee creative ideation and development to deliver innovative campaigns
- Develop and own goals and KPIs for campaigns; monitor regularly to understand effectiveness of strategy and creative, making recommendations for continuous improvement to maximize the total digital marketing return
- Manage agencies and oversee campaign planning and management for Ticketmaster marketing and client paid marketing campaigns to identify new opportunities and develop innovative activations
- Regularly present to senior leadership and cross-functional partners on campaign plans and results
- Work closely and collaboratively across category marketing, brand, creative, paid social, SEM, engagement and PR to champion ideas and execute integrated activations and strategies
- Partner with product team to build tools that increase campaign scale and team efficiency. This includes working with engineers to build automation, reporting and campaign management tools.
- Serve as thought leader for performance media, exploring new platforms, technologies and sharing insights and learnings across the marketing organization to drive performance.
- Supervise, mentor, and participate in career development of the marketing team
- Our job descriptions evolve with our business need and priorities. In addition to the description above, your role may include additional projects and team support as needed.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- At least 10 years in a hands-on role strategically planning and executing programmatic campaigns at an agency, marketer, FMP/Social Ads API platform, or DSP.
- Significant experience managing campaigns in Doubleclick Campaign Manager, DV360, The Trade Desk,.
- Must have owned a multi-million-dollar ROI-based P&L.
- Think strategically, but stay on top of tactical execution, prioritizing amongst many competing demands to ensure that short-term goals supporting long-term initiatives are achieved with an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Creative thinker with a track record of driving adoption of new ideas and concepts, and pioneering new approaches within your team or company
- High attention to detail, top-notch analytical skills, comfortable validating large amounts of data and the ability to make data-informed decisions to drive direction and alignment with leadership, direct reports and cross-functional team.
- Strong grasp of experimentation techniques, and critical thinking skills to improve testing implementation and infrastructure, and drive test-and-learn agenda to advance channel capabilities.
- Exceptional verbal and written skills - you will be the go-to person for campaign strategy – and a proven ability to influence. Interpersonal skills are a prerequisite for success
- Ability to motivate and lead the team to perform at the highest level of excellence.
- Innate willingness to roll up your sleeves
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ticketmaster strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, for applicants in Los Angeles, California, and consistent with applicable laws in other areas.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Ticketmaster recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Ticketmaster may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Recognized two years in a row by Great Place to Work®, Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. From ground-breaking software to support our world-class platform Ticketmaster, to our mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, to our unparalleled roster of artists supported by diverse professionals in all facets of corporate operations, we offer a world of opportunity and an array of careers across every discipline.
We recognize that our most important assets are our employees, the rock stars who keep the live experience going. Generous vacation, healthcare, and retirement benefits are just some of the great perks we offer to support our full-time, global workforce of more than 21,000. For any stage in your career, our many unique benefit programs are designed to help you live life to the fullest. We offer student loan repayment to support recent grads, six months of paid caregiver leave to support new parents (plus a baby bonus to help with expenses), and tuition reimbursement to fuel your ongoing professional development and career growth. Plus, working for the world's largest live event and ticketing company means you'll have access to concerts, festivals, sports games, and other live events through our exclusive employee ticket concierge.
There is no bigger stage for your career. See what your future looks like at Live Nation Entertainment.