Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Non Certified Engineer-Electrician: Los Angles, CA
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Full Time
LOGZONE, Inc. is a premier SBA-Certified 8(a) Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB), and a Veterans Administration-Certified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned (SDVOSB) firm. Since 2007, LOGZONE has provided services in Logistics and Materiel Management, Facilities Operations and Maintenance, Integrated Logistics Support and Planning, and Medical Support. We strive to provide quality support services throughout the project life cycle. Our ability to remain a responsive resource to our customers and partner companies has allowed us to earn their trust and build positive relationships through performance. We are looking for qualified candidates with the same vision to succeed!
Performs a variety of electrical trade functions such as the installation, maintenance, or repair of equipment for the generation, distribution, or utilization of electric energy. Work involves most of the following: Installing or repairing any of a variety of electrical equipment such as generators, transformers, switchboards, controllers, circuit breakers, motors, heating units, conduit systems, or other transmission equipment; working from blueprints, drawings, layouts, or other specifications; locating and diagnosing trouble in the electrical system or equipment; working standard computations relating to load requirements of wiring or electrical equipment; and using a variety of electrician's hand tools and measuring and testing instruments. In general, the work of the maintenance electrician requires rounded training and experience usually acquired through a formal apprenticeship or equivalent training and experience
- Planning installations consistent with specifications and local and NEC electrical codes
- Measuring, cutting, bending, threading, assembling, and installing electrical conduit
- Pulling wires through
- Installing control and distribution apparatus such as switches, relays, and circuit-breaker
- Connecting power cables to equipment and installing ground
- Testing and observing installed equipment or systems to insure electrical compatibility and
- Plans new or modified installations to minimize waste of materials, provide access for future maintenance and avoid unsightly, hazardous and unreliable wiring, consistent with specifications and local electrical
- Prepares sketches showing location of wiring and equipment, or follows diagrams or blueprints, ensuring that concealed wiring is installed before completion of future walls, ceilings, and
- Splices wires by stripping insulation from terminal leads, twisting or soldering wires together, and applying tape or terminal
- Connects wiring to lighting fixtures and power
- Installs control and distribution apparatus such as switches, relays and circuit-breaker
- Connects power cables to equipment, such as electric range or motor, and installs grounding
- Test continuity of circuit to ensure electrical compatibility and safety of components with testing instruments such as ohmmeter, battery and buzzer, and observes functioning of installed equipment or system to detect hazards and need for adjustments, relocation or
- Repairs faulty equipment; responsible for compliance with Training and Safety requirements as promulgated in the Corporate Operations
- Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3 years prior experience at the journeyman level within the past 5 years as an electrician in the maintenance and repair of electrical components of mechanical systems and building electrical distribution systems.
- Journeyman level skill in at least one other building trades area desirable.
- Experience performing infrared scans of electrical distribution equipment a plus.
- All local and state licensing is required and must be submitted.
*Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
LOGZONE, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer