Long Beach City College
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PT Faculty Pool - Advanced Manufacturing Technology
at Long Beach City College
ABOUT THE POSITION
Seeking part-time instructors with experience in advanced manufacturing technology. The ideal candidate will possess the education, work experience, and skill set outlined in the job description in both the minimum qualifications and desired qualifications sections.The teaching assignment may be at the Liberal Arts campus, the Pacific Coast campus or other college teaching locations. The assignment may be day, evening, weekend, online or off campus and is subject to change as needed. Part-time faculty positions are as needed positions and do not accrue rights to tenure. Part-time faculty positions offer flexible hours and the opportunity to assist a diverse group of adult students in achieving their educational goals. As one of the most diverse community college districts in southern California, we offer a wide range of opportunities in transfer, general education, vocational and occupational programs.
ABOUT LONG BEACH CITY COLLEGE
At Long Beach City College, we celebrate equity, diversity and ensure a positive and inclusive working environment for all college students, faculty, staff, and administrators. We believe diversity fosters awareness, promotes mutual understanding and respect, and provides suitable role models for our students. We are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to hiring qualified applicants who are dedicated to student learning and success.
Long Beach City College is committed to providing equitable student learning and achievement, academic excellence, and workforce development by delivering high quality educational programs and support services to our diverse communities. We are Purposeful, Focused, Nurturing, Connected and Respectful.
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree and two years of experience in the discipline; OR,
- An Associate degree and six years of experience in the discipline; OR,
- Hold a valid credential to teach in the discipline; OR,
- Meet equivalent qualifications established by the district AND appropriate certificate to practice or licensure or its equivalent, if available; OR
- The equivalent AND
- Evidence of a sensitivity, understanding, and ability to manage the classroom environment AND effectively provide instruction to community college students of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Recent community college or lower division teaching experience.
- Expertise in field of course(s) to be taught.
- Experience with the setting up, programming and operating CNC machine tool lathes and mills.
- Experience with developing work holding devices, jigs and fixtures.
- Preferred software MasterCAM, SolidWorks, and/CATIA
- Experience with inspecting machined parts, using GD&T (ASME Y14.5-2009) standards and inspection equipment.
- Knowledge of OSHA and safe working practices and procedures.
- Additional Information
- SALARYSalary is commensurate with academic preparation.
APPLICATION PROCESSApplication materials must be electronically submitted on-line at www.governmentjobs.com/careers/lbcc. Incomplete applications and applications submitted by mail will not be considered.A COMPLETE APPLICATION INCLUDES
Submit application on-line at www.governmentjobs.com/careers/lbcc
- A Long Beach Community College District application
- A current resume or CV
- Complete transcripts of ALL undergraduate and graduate level college/university course work (need not be official, must show degree award date and title).
- Transcripts from countries other than the United States must be evaluated by an agency that is a member of the National Association of Credentials Evaluation Service (NACES)
OR visit our lobby to submit applications on-line at
Long Beach Community College District-Human Resources
4901 East Carson Street, Long Beach, CA 90808DISABILITY ACCOMMODATIONSIf you require special accommodations in the Application and Selection Process, please notify the Human Resources Office by calling (562) 938-4372.
LONG BEACH CITY COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERThe Long Beach City College is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and equity-minded hiring practices. It is the District's policy to ensure that all qualified applicants for employment and employees have full and equal access to employment opportunities and are not subject to discrimination in any program or activity of the District on the basis of ethnic group identification, race, gender, color, language, accent, citizenship status, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability or medical condition, or on the basis of these perceived characteristics.