Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
[INTERNSHIP] Information Security Intern (Summer 2019)
at Masimo Corporation
Job Code Posting:
Masimo is looking for interns in our fast-paced IT department. We value all of our interns and go the extra mile to make sure you receive a learning experience that fits your career goals. You will become knowledgeable in your assigned area. You will also learn how to work in a professional environment and have ample opportunity to network with department leaders and other employees in the organization.
Masimo is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Working as part of the Masimo IT Security team to directly support the organization’s efforts in securing the company’s information and enforcing directives as mandated by regulations and Masimo policy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with various projects and initiatives within the organization.
- Assist with operational activity as required, including providing technical and troubleshooting support to solve a wide variety of security issues.
- Create presentations with content that is relevant to the various level of management.
- Assist with promoting security awareness and provide training/communications to internal end users.
- Maintain broad knowledge of best practices and stay informed on trends and issues in the field of Information Security, including current and emerging technologies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Strong problem-solving/analytical skills.
- Have a real passion for technology and dedication to continuous learning and growth.
- Drive for success and takes pride in executing with excellence.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills including the ability to articulate to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Familiarity with common Information Security frameworks and standards and compliance and regulations such as ISO 27001/27002, NIST, HITRUST, HIPAA, etc.
- Understanding of risk management principles and methodologies.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, deadline-driven, and able to handle multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to follow directions and collaborate in a team setting, as well as work independently.
- Full-time student at an accredited university and in good academic standing pursuing a BA/BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Security, Management Information Systems.