Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technical Trainer in Chino, CA at NFI Industries
at NFI Industries
The Technical Trainer is responsible for all phases of the learning design and delivery process for systems related training; analyzes needs, designs and implements learning solutions, and then evaluates the effectiveness of the learning solutions. This position also assists with training coordination and technical writing of system-related documentation. This position will report to the Manager of Operations Training.
- Conducts training needs assessment by collecting information pertaining to work procedures, workflow, and reports; understanding job-specific functions and tasks.
- Determines utilization and validates documentation through testing systems.
- Designs system and operational documentation and provides training solution through needs assessment
- Conducts training based on job-specific, company-specific, and software application specific classes.
- Evaluates training by conducting Kirkpatrick evaluations to measure the effectiveness of training to specific job applications.
- Build the training component of system implementations’ project plan.
- Assess learner and system needs and the optimal learning methods for those needs.
- Design, develop, and deliver systems training program content and instructional tools, including computer-based resources.
- Technical Writing: Develop SOPs, work instructions, and other documentation.
- Train and qualify super-users in the field.
- Assess learners’ retention of learning and ensure they are able to apply their knowledge to their everyday use of the technical systems. Measure the effectiveness of the training.
- Report training metrics related to systems training, such as satisfaction, completion rates, learner retention.
- Assist leaders in helping to coach their employees in the effective use of the system being taught.
- Promote user knowledge sharing of the technical systems through the use of our social collaboration tool.
- Partner with IT to assist with system testing (initially and during upgrades).
- Maintain and continuously improve the training program and resources.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree, adult learning experience or similar degree required.
- 3-5 years of training experience in a professional business environment, at least 2 of which training technical systems.
- Experience with Warehouse Management Operating Systems (WMOS) preferred.
- Demonstrates intermediate facilitation skills, both in the classroom and virtual environments.
- Demonstrates intermediate skills in all phases of instructional design/delivery (ADDIE). Demonstrates working knowledge of e-learning development software (e.g. Lectora Inspire) and learning management systems.
- Ability to manage time, projects, and priorities.
- Has a high level of attention to detail, quality, and customer focus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, experience in communicating effectively with a diverse group of individuals.
- Travel: Up to 75%