Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Materials Planning Manager (OM)
at Nihon Kohden
Materials Planning Manager (OM)
|Location:||Santa Ana, CA|
Responsible for inventory management for assigned parts and processes required to ensure material input supports customer requirements while financial inventory objectives are accomplished. Work on problems with diverse scope where analysis of situations or data require a review of identifiable factors.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties
- Manage steady flow of production materials necessary for operating a manufacturing line
- Coordinate and execute scheduling activities for assigned parts using ERP systems
- Manage the supply of products to customers, making sure there are adequate materials to ensure steady production and product delivery to customers
- Analyze data to determine opportunities to decrease inventory, improve customer service levels, and reduce total costs in order to support lean manufacturing activities
- Take ownership of material planning issues that arise, including over or under delivery and take any follow up actions especially in the event of material shortages that affect production
- Seek and recommend solutions to overcome issues arising in order to meet production requirements and address operational risks
- Manage inventory risk and ensure that contingency plans are in place
- Ensures the integrity of Bill of Materials (BOM) and inventory accuracy at all times and manage and control inventory levels and movements
- Demonstrate effective collaboration skills by open communication and sharing of pertinent business information to all departments
- Provide lead times for internal and external customer RFQ
- Manages the timely release and closure of production workorders
- Provides guidance to buyers and leads negation process with suppliers
- Establish standard operating procedures for purchasing; monitor the effectiveness of procedures; revise and improve purchasing processes
- Perform cost and scenario analysis and benchmarking
- Manages all stages of the supply chain including demand/supply planning, procurement, warehouse operation from material receipts through finished goods completion
- Manage, coach and develop warehouse and supply chain personnel
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes
- Other duties as assigned
- BA or BS degree or equivalent experience with emphasis in supply chain management
- Strong knowledge of SAP Business One
- Minimum 10 years related experience in a medical or aerospace manufacturing environment
- Good computer skills in Microsoft WORD and EXCEL
- Good communicator with good writing skills.
Skills & Abilities
- Experience with ERP systems in a manufacturing environment
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail, and superior follow-up and follow-through skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with management and coworkers
- Knowledge of materials management theories, processes and practices.
- The Materials Planning Manager usually works in an office, warehouse and manufacturing environment
- The Materials Planning Manager works a standard work week but may be required to work some weekends and evening to fulfill duties
Must be able to type using the keyboard of a computer. Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on the telephone. Must be able to lift and carry up to 60 lbs.