Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technical Support Specialist II
at Nihon Kohden
Technical Support Specialist II
|Department:||Technical Services - Neurology|
The Technical Support Specialist II role is responsible for providing technical support to customers in support of windows-based medical devices and applications. The Technical Support Specialist II will interact directly with the customer and provide support for information and/or order status requests, answer part-related inquires, provide level 2 technical support which requires following established policies and procedures, and escalate technical issues to Technical Support III when necessary.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
• Provide support for incoming customer technical issues by providing resolution or escalating in a timely manner.
• Provide support for customer requests for repair status, documentation, software, or part numbers.
• Provide support for requests for technical assistance by internal customers.
• Support scheduled 24x7x365 call rotation.
• Provide follow up support for QA requests by contacting customers to perform additional troubleshooting or root cause analysis (RCA).
• Create technical documents as assigned (Such as technical Bulletins, Troubleshooting documents, RCA)
• Ability to act as a point of contact for team members and subordinates as a resource on all technical trouble-shooting issues.
• Ability to do accurate data entry into the Technical Support database so that it can reliably be used by other employees or organizations within NKA
• Other duties as assigned
• Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes
B.S. in Biomedical or Clinical Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent work experience
Must have demonstrated mastery of level I technical support function
Understanding of Windows XP and 7 Professional operating systems
Basic Networking knowledge of IP address assignment (DHCP and Static), DNS, and bandwidth.
1-2 years of experience in Customer Service or Support preferred.
Experience interacting directly with end users customers in support of real time issues.
Must be positive, professional, self-motivated, resourceful, and able to work with minimal supervision.
Excellent customer service and organizational skills.
Strong oral and written communications skills.
Strong record-keeping skill: ability to follow through and document issues and resolutions
Proficient in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, Outlook, etc...
Ability to handle assignments that are semi-routine in nature but recognizing the need for occasional deviation from accepted practice. Good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions/results.
As a requirement for this position, you may be required to go onsite to a medical facility. At that time you must complete the vendor credentialing process at the expense of Nihon Kohden which requires lab tests providing proof of immunity to common childhood illness (Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Hepatitis B and Varicella) as well as have a current TB certificate and Flu shot. All field based employees are expected to complete this lab work prior to visiting a medical facility.
INTENT AND FUNCTION OF JOB DESCRIPTIONS
Job descriptions assist organizations in ensuring that the hiring process is fairly administered and that qualified employees are selected. They are also essential to an effective appraisal system and related promotion, transfer, layoff, and termination decisions. Well-constructed job descriptions are an integral part of any effective compensation system.
Required Hours: The regular hours for this full time position are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday–Friday, unless otherwise stated by the department manager. Holiday, weekend and evening work hours may be required. Regular hours may vary due to the needs of the organization or department and are subject to change at any time at the Company’s discretion.