Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Aircraft Structures Mechanic - Level 1
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for an Aircraft Structures Mechanic- Level 1 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA.
The selected candidate will perform a variety of operations to assemble and make major assembly structures such as fuselage panels and bulkheads, and structural subassemblies such as rudders, flaps, and stabilizers.
- Read and understand blueprints
- Translate blueprints into fabrications of structural assemblies to include: precision drilling, countersinking, and the use of calibrated tools
- Aligning parts on jigs using templates and fixtures
- Performing part-fitting operations: filing sawing, burring, crimping, trimming, framing, riveting, drilling and reaming
- Measures parts with micrometers and calipers to verify dimensions
- May modify incomplete and complete assemblies to incorporate changes to structure and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures
- Required ability to be certified for a half & full face respirator
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum of 9 months structures/sheet metal experience in an aerospace, automotive, military, manufacturing and/or maintenance environment OR Must have a minimum of 2.0 or higher GPA upon completion of Aircraft Fabrication courses OR A&P certificate program.
- Must be able to perform moderate strenuous physical and repetitious work to include: bending, stooping, kneeling, lifting up to 25 pounds, and working overhead
- Must be able to access small confined spaces and work in an enclosed environment
- The ability to pass Special Medical/Respiratory Exam.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a DOD secret clearance and program access prior to beginning work
- The ability to work 1st “5 am – 3:30 pm” or 2nd shift “4:12 pm – 2:42 am” and any work schedule
- Active DOD Secret Clearance with an investigation date/periodic review within the last 6 years.
- Experience with structural subassemblies such as rudders, flaps and stabilizers.
Northrop Grumman is committed tohiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an EqualOpportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard torace, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, maritalstatus, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any otherprotected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, pleasevisit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.