Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Aircraft Structures Mechanic - Level 2 (Active DoD Clearance Required with a background investigation in the last six years )
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
Climb to new heights on yourjourney when you start Defining Possible with Northrop Grumman. Enjoy apurposeful career in aeronautics that is crucial to the way we connect andprotect our world across land, sea, and air. Bring your experience and takeadvantage of this opportunity to discover how you can start to push pastpossible and achieve your goals today. Enjoy a diverse, collaborativeenvironment with professionals across the nation ready to help launch yourcareer.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systemshas an opening for an Aircraft Structures Mechanic- Level 2 to join ourteam of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located inPalmdale, CA.
The selected candidatewill perform a variety of operations to assemble and make major assemblystructures such as fuselage panels and bulkheads, and structural subassembliessuch as rudders, flaps, and stabilizers.
- Read and understand blueprints
- Translate blueprints into fabrications of structural assemblies to include: precision drilling, countersinking, and the use of calibrated tools
- Aligning parts on jigs using templates and fixtures
- Performing part-fitting operations: filing sawing, burring, crimping, trimming, framing, riveting, drilling and reaming
- Measures parts with micrometers and calipers to verify dimensions
- May modify incomplete and complete assemblies to incorporate changes to structure and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures
- Required ability to be certified for a half & full face respirator
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum of 2 years' structures/sheet metal experience in an aerospace, automotive, military, manufacturing and/or maintenance environment
- Must be able to perform moderate strenuous physical and repetitious work to include: bending, stooping, kneeling, lifting up to 25 pounds, and working overhead
- Must be able to access small confined spaces and work in an enclosed environment
- The ability to pass Special Medical/Respiratory Exam
- Active DoD Secret Clearance with a background investigation completed within the last six years with the ability to obtain program access.
- The ability to work 1st “5 am – 3:30 pm” or 2nd shift “4:12 pm – 2:42 am” and any work schedule
- Completion of A&P certificate program.
- Experience with structural subassemblies such as rudders, flaps and stabilizers.
Northrop Grumman is committed tohiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an EqualOpportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard torace, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, maritalstatus, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any otherprotected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, pleasevisit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.