Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Aircraft Systems Mechanic Level 2 (Active DoD Secret Clearance required)
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman, our employeeshave incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and spacethat impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come.Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and ourunderstanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas,courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have alot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have aninsatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are notonly part of history, they're makinghistory.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systemshas an opening for an Aircraft Systems Mechanic - Level 2 to join ourteam of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located inPalmdale, CA.
- Read and interpret blueprints
- Assemble and install hydraulic systems
- Conduct diagnosis of malfunctions, conduct diagnosis of malfunctions
- Perform maintenance, disassembly, rework, repair, replacement, re-assembly or adjustment of various aircraft systems in accordance with technical specifications, engineering instructions
- Required ability to be certified for a half & full face respirator
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum 2 years' experience with hydraulic parts, assemblies, components, and systems in an aerospace, automotive, military, manufacturing and/or maintenance environment
- Must be able to perform moderate strenuous physical and repetitious work to include: bending, stooping, kneeling, lifting up to 25 pounds, and working overhead
- Must be able to access small confined spaces and work in an enclosed environment
- The ability to pass Special Medical/Respiratory Exam.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance with a background investigation completed within the last six years with the ability to obtain program access.
- The ability to work 1st “5 am – 3:30 pm” or 2nd shift “4:12 pm – 2:42 am” and any work schedule
- Completion of A&P certificate program.
Northrop Grumman is committed tohiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an EqualOpportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard torace, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, maritalstatus, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any otherprotected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, pleasevisit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S.Citizenship is required for most positions.