Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
Climbto new heights on your journey when you start Defining Possible with NorthropGrumman. Enjoy a purposeful career in aeronautics that is crucial to the way weconnect and protect our world across land, sea, and air. Bring your experienceand take advantage of this opportunity to discover how you can start to pushpast possible and achieve your goals today. Enjoy a diverse, collaborativeenvironment with professionals across the nation ready to help launch yourcareer.
Northrop Grumman AeronauticSystems has an opening for a Contract Administrator to join our team ofqualified, diverse individuals in Redondo Beach CA.
- Administers,extends, negotiates and terminates standard and nonstandard contracts.
- Conductsproposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract administration, andcustomer contact activities to provide for proper contract acquisition andfulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, andcustomer specifications.
- Examinesestimates of material, equipment services, production costs, performancerequirements, and delivery schedules to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Preparesbids; processes specifications, progress, and other reports; advises managementof contractual rights and obligations; compiles and analyzes data; andmaintains historical information.
- Fundamental knowledge ofthe FAR and DFARs, general knowledge of pre and post-award federal governmentcontracting industry practices, techniques, and standards. General applicationof contract administration concepts, and principles.
- Experience with variouscontract types including cost plus, fixed price and time and materialsrequired.
- Experience with varioustypes of agreements, including Non-Disclosure Agreements and Teaming Agreementsrequired.
- Demonstrates the skilland ability to perform moderately complex contracts administration tasks, toinclude proposal preparation, the development of change orders andprocessing of inter-company work orders.
- Ability to developsolutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity. Worksunder only very general supervision.
- Basic knowledge ofMicrosoft Office including Excel and Word.
- Demonstrated experiencewith highly effective verbal and written communications and presentationcommunication
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-pacedwork environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments,collaborative/team settings across all levels.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university and 3 years of Contract Administrator experience OR
- Master's Degree from an accredited university and 1 year of Contract Administrator experience OR
- An advanced degree in arelevant field (JD, MBA, etc.)
- Current active US Secretgovernment security clearance
- Certificate in ContractsManagement and/or NCMA certification
- Recent experience as aContracts Professional in the defense industry
- Proficiency andexperience supporting sole source and competitive acquisitions
- Strong knowledge of FAR,DFARS, and other U.S. Federal Government contracting regulations.
- Aircraft Product Supportexperience
- Proficiency in SAPbusiness applications
- Experience with multiplecontract types
- Familiarity withNorthrop Grumman businesses, policies and practices
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.