Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Engineer Electronics 3
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
Job Reference #: 18017386
At Northrop Grumman, you will have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. You will preserve freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. Northrop Grumman looks for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Payloads Engineer 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA.
You will integrate and test payload systems in lab and field environments.
Your Essential Functions:
- Ability to integrate and test payload systems.
- Specific tasks performed include requirements management, system integration, test plan development and test execution of payload systems throughout the entire development, demonstration, and production phases.
- In-depth technical knowledge of payload hardware and software requirements and experience in the definition, design, integration, test, certification and operation of payloads.
- Develop and implement software integration plans in a lab environment.
- Experience preparing detailed requirements specifications, statements of work, test plans and procedures, certification plans, procedures and performance reports.
- Understand all system requirements, develop statements of work, specifications and interface control documents, prepare, monitor and update program schedules, conduct and participate in all related design reviews, and provide technical guidance to the cross-functional team.
You will thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels. You will work in collaborate closely with system engineers, hardware designers, and integration/test engineers.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 5 Years experience with Bachelors in Science or 3 Years experience with Masters
- A final active in-scope DoD Secret clearance is required to start
- Ability to obtain (in a timely manner) and maintain a Top Secret security clearance and access to Special Programs.
- Master's degree in Engineering
- Experience with weapons systems
- Greater than 5 years of payload systems experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.