Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Engineer Mechanical 2
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking a Mechanical Engineer 2, Test Engineer to work in Redondo Beach, California.
This position involves researching, planning, designing, and developing mechanical integration and test flows for AMP Assembly, Test, and Launch (ATL). Familiarity with CAPE, Solumina and Enovia is strongly preferred. Prior integration and test experience is strongly preferred. Occasional 2nd shift and weekend support is expected.
• Writing procedures to install and test of black boxes, harnesses, actuators, antennas, and mechanical structures.
• Working across disciplines with specialists from a variety of departments to write procedures and coordinate planning.
• Assuring flight hardware is integrated and tested safely and test requirements and objectives are met.
Candidate must possess strong communication and technical writing skills, a demonstrated understanding of mechanical principles, and an ability and desire to learn and problem solve. Experience with mechanical design, test, structures, stress, MGSE, or manufacturing is desired.
- Bachelor's of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and 2 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment OR a Master's of Science in a STEM field
- Demonstrated knowledge in writing test procedures and coordinating tests
- Active In-Scope SCI clearance access
- Possesses strong leadership qualities, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
Previous experience in mechanical test engineering or design.
Experience with integration and test planning, procedure generation, and test execution
Familiarity with the AMP program