Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Engineer Supplier MA
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
Northrop Grumman InnovationSystems is seeking an Engineer Supplier for the Northridge,CA location.
At Northrop Grumman, our employeeshave incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impactpeople's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Ourpioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of manytechnological advancements in our nation's history from the first flight acrossthe Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look forpeople who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forcesto invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives onintellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self towork and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Ouremployees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems(NGIS) designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systemsto customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles andrelated propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defenseelectronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites andassociated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
We look for people who have boldnew ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future,and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have aninsatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are notonly part of history, they're making history.
Implement mission/flight assuranceplans for individual spacecraft flight hardware programs addressing design,manufacturing, integration, and test activities in accordance with company andcontractual requirements. Works as a member of an integrated product team withNorthrop Grumman Innovation Systems Safety & Mission Assurance staff invarious groups to address technical issues, meet program requirements and ensuremission success. Interface with customers, vendors, and with Northrop GrummanInnovation Systems Manufacturing, Integration & Test and Engineeringorganizations to identify and resolve mission/flight assurance issues. Providesupport to program Flight Assurance Manager in review of various activities.
- Establishes and maintains Safety and Quality Assurance programs, procedures and controls ensuring that products and services conform to company standards of excellence.
- Supports the development, implementation and maintenance of quality policy and procedures. Interfaces with suppliers in the verification of product design and reliability.
- Review practices, procedures and processes seeking avenues to improve efficiency and effectiveness and reduce risk to product quality.
- Interprets customer technical and MA requirements, and ensuring these requirements are integrated into program plans, specifications and product drawings.
- Provide oversight in discrepancy review, failure investigations, as well as cause and corrective action determinations. Analyze and interpret trends and executes improvements on key metrics.
- Represents Mission Assurance at different program reviews and review boards including Configuration Control Board (CCB) and Corrective Action Board (CAB).
- Ensure Risk Management activities (dFMEA, pFMEA) are executed according to standards and procedures.
- Ensure program contract requirements are flowed down internally and to suppliers, ensures compliance with contract program, quality, organizational, and industry alert requirements.
Education and Experience
Requires BS in Engineering & 2 years or Masters in Engineering
Active Secret Clearance or the ability to obtain
Able to read engineering documentation and inspect drawings and parts lists, inspection plans, and supplemental instructions. Extensive knowledge base in Cause Analysis tools, such as Ishikawa, FMEA, DOE, KTA (Kepner Tregoe Analysis) etc.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.