Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
GSE Mechanic 4
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Aerospace Systems sector is seeking a Ground Support Equipment Mechanic 4 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA.
The GSE Mechanic 4 Performs scheduled maintenance and in-depth repair as required on aircraft ground support equipment. Reviews maintenance records of periodic maintenance to ensure equipment is fully operational in support of daily equipment requirements. Uses an assortment of basic hand tools in addition to precision measuring devices. Works from complex written instructions such as formal test specifications, blueprints, drawings, schematics, and manuals. May instruct lower level mechanics in technical aspects of Ground Support equipment work. Exercises appropriate safety measures.
- Minimum of an Associate's or Technical Degree and 6 year's experience with repairs, maintenance, and troubleshooting on powered and non-powered Ground Support Equipment.
- Ability to work independently, with little to no supervision.
- Ability to perform moderately to strenuous physical and repetitious work to include bending, stooping, kneeling, and lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to work in an outside environment at various times of year.
- Ability to obtain and maintain both a DOD Secret Clearance, and Special Program Access.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.