Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager Security 2
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.The candidate selected must have strong interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills with an ability to connect to the larger mission, business acumen, and strategy.
The successful candidate will direct activities that support DoD collateral, Special Programs and IC related contracts. This position will be located at our Woodland Hills, CA facility. The candidate must be familiar with and provide guidance to ensure compliance with National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM), DoD SAP Manuals and ICDs and other customer specific security requirements. The selected candidate must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment to provide exemplary program security leadership to program management, security professionals, technical program personnel, other functional team members. The selected candidate will participate in business development activities, plan security support for future business and be responsible for developing and managing budgets. They will be customer (both internal and external) and team oriented. The candidate must function with minimal direction and at a high level of productivity. In addition to functional expertise, the successful candidate will possess strong people-leadership skills and the ability to provide challenging assignments, help employees connect their efforts to the bigger picture, create an inclusive work environment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
•Lead the security management and oversight of multiple SAP facilities.
•Act as a liaison between the company and government agencies in providing the required information and ensuring that proper information is maintained for historical purposes
• Maintain a comprehensive and inspection ready security program.
•Conduct inspections and briefings to ensure a high-level of security awareness and reduction of security risks. Actively manage and participate in the required self and government compliance inspections.
•Manages and oversees all facets of a comprehensive security program for a suite of special programs in Woodland Hills, CA.
•Manages a team of security professionals.
•Collaborate effectively with his/her security peers within the security organization, and with business colleagues and other functional managers at the OU, department and program levels
•Demonstrate expertise across all disciplines of the security field
•Possess a breadth of demonstrated business, financial and management skills, knowledge and abilities to ensure maximum effectiveness
•Have a broad understanding of the Intelligence Community and be able to deal effectively with a diverse set of unique and complex government customers
•Confident to make critical security decisions for dynamic business that supports high value contract
•Drive constructive change within the organization
•Business travel on a periodic basis
• Bachelor's degree and 9 years relevant experience or Master's degree and 7 years relevant experience: an additional 4 years of applicable work experience may be substituted for Bachelors Degree requirement.
• Current TS Clearance; Current SCI eligibility and ability to be granted adjudication for access to special programs.
• 9 years of experience in security disciplines, such as Industrial Security (SAP, IC, and NISPOM) Physical Security, Personnel Security, COMSEC, Crisis Management, etc.
• 3 years' experience managing teams
• Demonstrated understanding of current SAP security policies.
• Strong-relationship-building, collaborative, and people skills. Ability to relate well with all levels within a diverse organization and population
• Experience within the discipline of classified information systems security, to include certification & accreditation (C&A) processes, and system/network oversight.
• Management/supervisory/leadership experience in a business organization
• Ability to work multiple competing work assignments simultaneously, establish priorities and get directly involved in a hands-on manner with staff
• Ability to analyze problems, develop and articulate proactive, focused solutions and take independent action in an often ambiguous work environment.
• Ability to provide leadership in a teamwork atmosphere with a results-oriented focus. (edited)
• Familiarity with ICD/JAFAN/NISPOM government requirements documents – particularly in the information systems security/information assurance and physical security arenas.
• Excellent speaking, writing and organization skills, enabling effective communications with team members, fellow employees and government officials.
• Ability to participate and contribute to successful RFPs
• Familiar with preparing for staffing plan and task descriptions for proposed contract efforts
• Experience with security incident management.
• COMSEC management experience
• Extensive experience with computers and desktop office software product.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.