Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager Test Engineering 2
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunitiesto work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impactpeople's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our workpreserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of theuniverse. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courageand a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot offun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have aninsatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only partof history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for an Manager Test Engineering 2 to join our team of highly qualified and diverse individuals. This positionwill be located in Redondo Beach, California.
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highestethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable yourteam to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs ofinternal and external partners. You treat all people with respect,and you model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to buildan inclusiveenvironment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team.You develop trusted and valued customer relationships and communicateeffectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connectedto their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement andrespond vigorously to change.
You ensure that your team has the information and tools needed toperform at their best. You demonstrate our committed pursuitof applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customer. You craft andexecute strategies that result in sustainable value creation thatdelivers measurable results.
If this is YOU…keep reading!
In this role, you will lead a team of System Integration Lab (SIL)Operations senior team members, including engineers and senior technicians supporting StrategicSystems programs. You will be responsible for providing objective-oriented direction to subordinates utilizing managementguidelines & general policies.
Program managementresponsibilities include:
- Planning and program performance addressing cost, schedule,technical performance
- Quality of a work package, subsystem, or related group of workpackages on a large system development-type contract
- Full responsibility for all aspects of program performance on alarge delivery order or mid-size technical services-type contract
- Assist section members incorporating the AE vision andprinciples into their work scope.
- Build a culture that empowers and motivates individualperformance, and establishes functional shared accountability with the program areas
Section Manager Responsibilitiesinclude:
- Work closely with the SILO Department Manager and fellow sectionheads to define and implement the department strategy
- Ensure successful planning and execution of program Integrationand lab operations activities
- Work with program areas to satisfy staffing needs and provideoperations support (ERTs, BRI, etc.)
- Set employee performance goals and provide performance feedback
- Support the annual salary review process
- Mentor and develop the next generation of technical and project leadership Occasionally support proposal activities
- Improve and enforce System Integration Lab Operation costs and processes
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions,please view our “Selecting the Best Qualified Managers” video: http://www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo
- Bachelor's Degree and 5 years of engineering experience or Master's Degree plus 3 years of engineering experience
- Detailed understanding of test set fabrication and project management
Candidate must have and be able to maintain an active U.S. Government security clearance at the Secret level, plus ability to obtain and maintain an SSBI clearance
- Solid technical and team leadership characteristics
- Experience developing Vehicle Management and Mission Systems test stations
- Demonstrated ability to lead large and diverse teams, drive a culture of performance and inclusion, foster development and enable collaboration across engineering and operational disciplines
Ability to travel for business as needed
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.