Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Material Handler 2
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
The Material Handler loads, unloads, and conveys materials within or near plant, yard, or work site, and performs a combination of tasks under specific direction which may include shipping and/or receiving. Opens containers using hand tools; counts and weighs materials and records information. Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, conveyors, and machines by hand; loads or unloads materials into or from trucks by hand. Conveys materials using wheelbarrow, hand truck, forklift, electric dolly, elevator, or other devices; stacks or assembles materials; aids machine operators by lifting heavy objects by hand or by use of power hoist.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma/GED and 2 years experience in warehousing/logistics
- Knowledge of basic hand tools
- Familiarity with basic aerospace equipment
- Knowledge of methods used in processing materials, kits, and tools in/out of databases.
- Familiarity with HAZCOM
- Must be able to perform moderate strenuous physical and repetitious work to include: bending, stooping, kneeling, lifting, and working overhead
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs.
- Ability to work in indoor and outdoor environments, and in inclement weather.
- Must have a current active DOD Secret Clearance with an investigation date/periodic review within the last 6 years.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain special program access.
- The ability to work a flexible work schedule, to include weekends and overtime as needed.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.