Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Material Program Manager 2/3
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman is looking for a Material Program Manager (MPM). The MPM is a strong leader with demonstrated project management and supply chain management skills.
- Liaison for assigned program(s) and supply chain management function including buyers, planners, subcontract administrators, customers, suppliers, etc
- Represent Northrop Grumman in Program Management Reviews (PMRs) and leadership briefings (internal/external)
- Point of contact interfacing with the Program Office and internal customers; Quality, Engineering, Operations, Finance, and Contracts
- Oversee all Supply Chain Management activities needed to meet program requirements and maintain link between various Supply Chain functions including Purchasing/Sub-Contracts, Logistics and Production Control
- Total supply chain execution for assigned program(s) from proposal through product delivery
- Able to prepare and execute Material Program Plans (MPPs)
- Balance strategic thinking with tactical application to support program execution
- Identify and mitigate program risks as they pertain to material requirements
- Communicate linkage of overall program and supply chain objectives and establish compatible long-range vision and strategy for strategic subcontracts including strategic agreements
- Drive timely and clearly communicated program decisions and recommendations
- Challenge business impediments to excellence and continuous improvement
- Drive data based decision making
- Establish and track monthly sales/expense forecasts, risks, and opportunities
- Focal point for Program EACs as it pertains to Supply Chain Management
Responsible creating Supply Chain Management labor BOEs & Bill of Materials
Able to understand and create material budgets to support program requirements
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below
Thisrequisition may be filled at either a level 2 or a level 3.
BasicQualifications for a Material Program Manager 2 are 2-5 years of experience
Basic Qualifications for a Material Program Manager 3 are 6-10 years ofexperience
BasicQualifications to Succeed:
- Must be able to exercise influence and lead others
Ability to make independent decisions, be self-motivated,possess excellent communications skills, detail-oriented, and team player
Capable of multi-tasking and able to work extended hoursas necessary
Communicateclearly, and excel in a fast paced environment,
Abilityto be flexible, innovative, work with speed and agility to drive tasks to completion
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to travel domestic
- Capable of owning Program and Budget Management skills
Proficientuser with Microsoft Office Suiteincluding Word, Project, Excel and PowerPoint
Mustbe a US Citizen
- Integrated Product Team experience
- Deltek Costpoint experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Ability to obtain DoD Secret security clearance
Bachelor's in Supply Chain Management, Accounting,Finance, Economics or Business.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualifiedapplicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteranstatus, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobsfor Veterans page to find jobs that match your militarybackground.