Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mechanical Engineer 2, MGSE
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking a Mechanical Engineer 2, MGSE to work in Redondo Beach, California.
This position is defined as a Mechanical Engineer 2, Mechanical Ground Support Equipment (MGSE) design engineer. MGSE is used to support the integration, test and launch of spacecraft. The candidate will support the design modeling and drawing efforts utilizing CATIA V5. In particular, the Engineer will create or update layout drawings, fabrication drawings and engineering change orders, give design review presentations and perform some fundamental types of analysis (e.g. strength of materials).
- Fabrication engineering liaison support
- Hardware testing
- Support Integration and Test (I&T) operations on the high bay floor as related to MGSE usage and processing
- Bachelors of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and 2 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment OR
- Masters of Science degree in a STEM (Science, TEchnology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution
- Practical working experience with Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Ability to obtain and maintain an SCI/SSBI or TS/SSBI Security Clearance
- Active In-Scope Top Secret Security Clearance and SCI Access
- Masters' Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Cooperates with teammates on best practices and possible re-use of applications
- Previous experience with NX10 or CATIA V5
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.