Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Principal Engineer Manufacturing
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
The Manufacturing Engineer designs manufacturing processes, procedures and production layouts for assemblies, equipment installation, processing, machining and material handling. Designs arrangement of machines within plant facilities to ensure most efficient and productive layout. Designs sequence of operations and specifies procedures for the fabrication of tools and equipment and other functions that affect product performance. Adapts machine or equipment design to factory and production conditions. May incorporate inspection and test requirements into the production plan. Inspects performance of machinery, equipment, and tools to verify their efficiency, and investigates and initiates corrective action of problems and deficiencies to ensure product quality. Develops manufacturing processes that are applicable to statistical process control, and may develop those techniques. Provides guidance to engineering regarding design concepts and specification requirements to best utilize equipment and manufacturing techniques. Ensures processes and procedures are in compliance with regulations.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Science Degree in STEM (Science, Technical, Engineering or Mathematical) and 5 years of experience in manufacturing engineering or an engineering related field; or a Master's Science Degree in STEM (Science, Technical, Engineering or Mathematical) and 3 years of experience in manufacturing engineering or an engineering related field
- Experience reviewing and interpreting Blueprints and 3-D models.
- Composite experience and process knowledge.
- Aircraft Subsystems and/or Aircraft Structures experience and process knowledge.
- Complete understanding and wide application of technical principle, theories, and concepts in the field, and general knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Ability to provide technical solutions to a wide range of complex difficult problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly present technical approaches and findings with multiple levels of leadership, clients, and vendors.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems.
- Ability to obtain and maintain an active DOD Secret Security Clearance.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Active in-scope DOD Secret security clearance with an investigation date within the past 5 years.
- Works under only general direction. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
- Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contact.
- Represents the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects. Interacts effectively with various interdisciplinary engineering functions on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between multiple organizations.
- Experience working hands-on in a production assembly line environment.
- Experience providing innovative techniques focused on improving product designs and tooling assemblies or equipment.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.