Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Principal Engineer - Systems Test
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
Job Reference #: 19007033
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking a highly qualified, mission oriented Principal Systems Test Engineer to perform on a team of cross-discipline specialist engineers located in El Segundo, CA with responsibilities including (but not limited to) the following:
- Test planning and requirements analysis for Advanced Programs
- Synthesize program and company needs and requirements into system test solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule and cost constraints.
- Requirements analysis, test planning, coordination with customers (both internal and external)
- Develop and direct preparation of test plans, procedures, and schedules for conducting testing and completing systems.
- Assist in preparation for design reviews – functional checklists, exhibits, entry/exit criteria, action items.
- Review and assess system design and performance requirements and assist in development of verification requirements/activities.
- Develop, review, and evaluate test requirements to ensure completeness of test program.
- Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math major, with 5 years of related experience, or 3 years with a Master's degree
- Understanding of, and experience in the Test and Evaluation environment and processes
- Must have an active DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Education in aerospace, mechanical, electrical, or systems engineering
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly present technical approaches
- Experience with development of integrated test plans
- Knowledge of DOORS requirements management and/or model based systems engineering (MBSE)
- Knowledge of system engineering processes
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.